Daddy's home! WIP (finished animation on page 8)

Started by Hannes, September 03, 2015, 04:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Sounds good, Hannes. I admire your perseverence in this project.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on September 14, 2015, 05:32:23 AM

Thanks, Ulco. Usually I soon get tired of a project after some time, but since I'm creating a series of different scenes it stays exciting for me.

Hannes

A frame of the opening scene. ISD comped onto a prerendered background. Works well.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on September 14, 2015, 08:24:42 AM
Quote from: Dune on September 14, 2015, 05:32:23 AM

Thanks, Ulco. Usually I soon get tired of a project after some time, but since I'm creating a series of different scenes it stays exciting for me.

I know this feeling very well  ;)

...and the new renders are incredibly good!

Dune

This is gonna be quite something!

j meyer

Very promising! Eager to see the final clip.
Do you use a mix of light sources and luminosity for the interior hangar lights?

Oshyan

Man, it looks great! ILM, are you watching? :D

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks a lot, guys!!!!!! It's so much fun to work on that. I can say, that it's gonna be complete nonsense  ;).
Trying to realize weird ideas in TG (and finding out how!) is a great learning process. Sorry, that I don't show more, but I guess it's more fun to see the final clip, without knowing too much.

Jochen, there are only lights in the hangar. Lots of lights!!!  :)

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

Also Hannes, I know it's taken a little while to potentially get your Fantasy scene rendered in HD (there are some technical issues that came up from testing it, which has caused delay but also been very good to help us catch these errors!). But I want to say here also that *if* you have trouble rendering this at 1080p, we may be able to help, depending on per-frame render time. Hopefully you can handle it on your own though as the Fantasy scenes are rather demanding. ;)

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks for the offer, Oshyan. Much appreciated!!!
At the moment I'm rendering the whole thing at 800 X 450 px. Not much, I know, but since there will be way more than the initally planned three scenes, I think it's a good compromise, because I need to know how the final thing looks like, before I start to render it in Full HD. Or take your offer ;) At the moment I still don't know, how long it all will be in the end, or what will happen in the next scene. Or in between.
I have finished most of the opening scene, two scenes in between, and the final scene (which I'll probably have to improve). Don't expect a smart plot. It's going to be quite absurd and hopefully funny.

Oshyan

Yes, I think it certainly makes sense to do a lower resolution version to get it all working the way you want before going HD. Even then sometimes the HD render reveals flaws you might not have seen before. But at least you can try to get a sense of it with lower resolution tests.

- Oshyan

Hannes

Just finished the 20th Century Fox opener (found a nice free model in the net and modified it a bit. Rendered in TG as well) and the inevitable text crawl. The latter is not rendered in TG. It's quite a bit tough to get the timing right, so that it fits to the music. But it's great fun!!!
Sorry again for not showing anything, but I guess it's more fun to see the final thing without knowing everything.

Hannes

Here is something to show. I need a scene where Vader gets off his Lambda shuttle. The model I have is fine for distant shots, but too low res for closer ones. So I decided to cheat (I love it!!). I found an image of the high resolution ramp section of this particular shuttle in a 3D forum made by Ansel Hsiao aka Fractalsponge - the same guy who made this incredible Imperial Star Destroyer model.
This image looks great, but it's perfectly clean, so I loaded it into Photoshop, cut out a few things, added some others and gave it some subtle color.
Vader will only be seen from his head to the chest, so I guess, this will be enough.

Btw almost 5000 frames are done....

Dune

Cool cheat. Don't let Sponge hear it  ;)