Started by Dune, September 20, 2015, 12:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Big WOW for that!!
Looks awesome. Hope this plugin will be available very soon :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Is this going to be a 3rd party add in, or included in the next TG? Awesome btw!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

is the water the water shader or color only?
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Daniil is developing a plugin for Terragen using our SDK. These kinds of plugins will generally be available separately from Terragen.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Looks nice.Especially for the general look of the landscape.

AP

That is overall very impressive. It may be direct use but still, it gives a basic idea of what could serve as rivers although in this case there would be a more clamped water flow coming from the higher slopes and the main river would be more smooth and not so rough. Combine that with what Ulco was doing then there are better possibilities here.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on October 04, 2015, 03:43:34 PM
Daniil is developing a plugin for Terragen using our SDK. These kinds of plugins will generally be available separately from Terragen.

- Oshyan

Thanks for the info Oshyan...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Daniil

Quote from: archonforest on October 04, 2015, 02:51:43 PM
Big WOW for that!!
Looks awesome. Hope this plugin will be available very soon :D
Thanks. I think it is close to be ready to release, but may be I'll release a public beta version first. Alpha testing period was (is) very productive, thanks to alpha testing group and Planetside staff, but public testing version would be useful too.

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 04, 2015, 03:02:27 PM
Is this going to be a 3rd party add in, or included in the next TG? Awesome btw!

It will be available for free for all users of Terragen, but will be available separatly from Terragen.

Quote from: TheBadger on October 04, 2015, 03:18:19 PM
is the water the water shader or color only?

It is color on these pics. Technically it is a Surface shader masked by flow map (processed by Color adjust shader) generated by erosion shader, so you can link Water shader to it as a Child node and get a water.

Quote from: Chris on October 04, 2015, 06:53:07 PM
That is overall very impressive. It may be direct use but still, it gives a basic idea of what could serve as rivers although in this case there would be a more clamped water flow coming from the higher slopes and the main river would be more smooth and not so rough. Combine that with what Ulco was doing then there are better possibilities here.

Well, by "direct use" I meant processing of original terrain by this shader (unlikely Ulco's experiments with displacement from maps), but there is some further processing by, for example, Warp shaders to get this rough look. It can be disabled to achieve a less rough rivers. Of course there are many other limitations preventing getting a good rivers. After all, it is my first attempt of procedural erosion. :)

Daniil.

bobbystahr

Thanks for that Daniil, that 'bout answers all my questions anyway...Great work on this btw...as mainly a program user folks who can hand roll stuff blow my mind.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

Well, for your first attempt it certainly is intriguing and enticing to see such results on a procedural level as erosion goes. Free? That is quite generous to say the least.    :)

Daniil

That is overall very impressive. It may be direct use but still, it gives a basic idea of what could serve as rivers although in this case there would be a more clamped water flow coming from the higher slopes and the main river would be more smooth and not so rough.

Here is another render with all warping disabled. Less rough rivers.
May be the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  :)

Quote from: Chris on October 05, 2015, 02:17:53 AM
Free? That is quite generous to say the least.    :)

I just don't feel that it is right to ask money for it because it is quite inconvinient and unrealistic for regular use. :)

Daniil.

Dune

Those rivers look very, very good! I know it will probably be hard to change, but some higher rivers are wider than lower down. They probably get wider because of the valley width or slope at that location. For stills you can choose a good spot, for animation it will be harder to circumvent the 'wrong' rivers. Btw. Daniil, now that you're here; did you check alpha forum? I think the latest is an older version than the one before.

Daniil

Quote from: Dune on October 05, 2015, 02:35:49 AM
Those rivers look very, very good! I know it will probably be hard to change, but some higher rivers are wider than lower down.

It is quite strange indeed, I'll try to figure why.

Daniil.

mhaze

Just seen this.  I'm hopping up and down I'm so desperate to get my hands on this!

AP

Quote from: blinkfrog on October 05, 2015, 02:30:32 AM
That is overall very impressive. It may be direct use but still, it gives a basic idea of what could serve as rivers although in this case there would be a more clamped water flow coming from the higher slopes and the main river would be more smooth and not so rough.

Here is another render with all warping disabled. Less rough rivers.
May be the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  :)

Quote from: Chris on October 05, 2015, 02:17:53 AM
Free? That is quite generous to say the least.    :)

I just don't feel that it is right to ask money for it because it is quite inconvinient and unrealistic for regular use. :)

Daniil.

I can't argue with that.    :D