vortex animating

Started by majidkaviani, September 30, 2015, 07:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

majidkaviani

hello
i have a question about vortex animating, i tried to animate clouds around the center of vortex, but it has more movement on the planet.
please see the GIF image .
thanks

TheBadger

now that you brought it up, very curious why we have not seen an animation like you are trying, before this.
Hope you get your answer.
It has been eaten.

majidkaviani

Kadri

Not sure if i understand the problem but with the animated transform shader you are probably animating all of the above ones.

Dune

Did the setup I mailed you not work? Or did you post this before your mail? Maybe check final position.

Kadri

Looks like the vortex Y coordinates and the transform input coordinates are at different places Ulco?

Dune

That could be the case. He mailed me, I made a setup, but that was based on 0/0/0. I never tried this, but it should work, I guess. Another way might be to situate the vortex and transform at 0/0/0, animate and add a second transform to move the whole thing to the location wanted. Works fine with image map shader that you want to locate at different locations.

Matt

It sounds like Dune and Kadri can help you to get the rotation centred properly. But I would like to suggest a different way of animating this that will be more realistic. With a vortex like this, you don't want to rotate everything around the vortex at the same angular speed, because that makes the clouds that are far away from the centre move too fast. I would try animating the "vorticity" parameter in the vortex itself. This will produce a more natural velocity gradient from the centre of the vortex outwards.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

... although the best results might come from combining both kinds of rotations to some extent, probably just a small amount of overall rotation, with most of the animation caused by the vorticity parameter.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Sounds really better. Perhaps if you mask the area to be rotated (added as child to masked surface shader) by a soft simple shape or distance shader, you can influence the amount of rotation in the darker areas? Just a thought.

majidkaviani

hi friends :)
thank to all specially DUNE
i checked your file that was correct, but in my scene the result is not correct
when i use vortex in normal coordinates (0.0.0) it works perfect, but if i paste my favorite coordinate its not work . all of clouds rotate around wrong position :(
in this case i had to move camera in front of normal vortex coordinate to get my goal .

Kadri

Quote from: Matt on September 30, 2015, 11:06:37 PM
It sounds like Dune and Kadri can help you to get the rotation centred properly. But I would like to suggest a different way of animating this that will be more realistic. With a vortex like this, you don't want to rotate everything around the vortex at the same angular speed, because that makes the clouds that are far away from the centre move too fast. I would try animating the "vorticity" parameter in the vortex itself. This will produce a more natural velocity gradient from the centre of the vortex outwards.

Matt

Yes.I used it that way in my animation project.I have only posted a picture in that thread.But it works very nicely.