Windy clouds strategy

Started by paq, October 13, 2015, 10:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paq

Hello,

I'm starting to have my little cloud collection covering lots of cloud type, and I have to say terragen atmosphere model is really awesome.
But I have some hard time to archive windy clouds ... and off course I have tried the obvious, like the embedded fractal warping, or a fractal warp shader.

So here's the kind of cloud I'm looking for.
[attachimg=1]

From my test, warping solution seems to blur the cloud way to much (I really try to get long fading trail), and failed to keep definition. I also tried to overlay twice the same cloud, one with warping, but without any good result.

I know it's a very vague question, but if anyone is kind enough to give some tip, or idea about how to proceed, I will really appreciate !

Gameloft

Ariel DK

I did this a while ago, for another scene. this is not what you want, but is a good start.
you can play with the offset values of the PF nodes, to achieve your goal. 8)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

paq

That's very nice sir ! and thank you so much for sharing your file !
Gameloft

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on October 13, 2015, 11:58:14 AM
I did this a while ago, for another scene. this is not what you want, but is a good start.

Actually if you are sharing this could you upload it also the Clouds section of File sharing...make it available also to folks who don't read all threads like me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Also, stretching the scale out helps with the appearance of wind as well. Adding perlin noise over the cloud layer in final density helps add your wisps.

Ariel DK

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 14, 2015, 10:36:34 AM
Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on October 13, 2015, 11:58:14 AM

Actually if you are sharing this could you upload it also the Clouds section of File sharing...make it available also to folks who don't read all threads like me.
hehe no problem, but surely next time. ;)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

paq

But ... .. ., it was a gift for meeeee  :'( 
Gameloft

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist