Photo request

Started by Harvey Birdman, October 25, 2007, 10:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

Hey, all -

D's canoe request worked out so well for him that I'm going to try somthing similar. I can deal with the modeling myself, but what I need are photos to refresh my memory. I'd even appreciate the names of  manufacturers or links to catalogs, know what I mean?

So here's what I'm after. Those of you who grew up near water that freezes over in the winter will recognize it. Docks and boats left in over the winter get crushed by the ice. Docks are built with big metal wheels at the deep end, and are pulled out before the ice sets in. Boats are lifted clear of the water wtih hoists into metal frameworks that are either left in the lake or are also wheeled clear altogether. I'm not talking about trailers; this isn't mobile beyond the edge of the water.

I can probably do a passable dock assembly from memory, particularly since it'll be mostly underwater. It's the boat hoist system I'm after. A picture of the two would be killer.

Like I said, this'll make perfect sense to people who've seen one. So who has a cabin on a lake?

:)

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Harvey Birdman

Nope, none of the above. Good try, though. The second one looks like a rig for moving boats into and out of a commercial boat house (like at a marina), probably commonly used preparing for winter.... but I'm thinking of something smaller, something the owner of say a 16-20 footer would have for his own use.

bigben

Said patent has said pictures of said device but they may not match said requirements for said project.

<http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4022027.html>

So said Ben ;)

Or the dock shop
<http://www.thedockshop.ca/m_4.asp>

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: bigben on October 26, 2007, 12:58:32 AM
... So said Ben ;)

;D

The Dock Shop has a free catalog and CD... although I don't see what I'm looking for inthe pictures they have online.

I wonder if the sort of system I remember is still used? It's been a while since I've been home.

;)

C'mon, isn't there anyone out there from the Great White North?

Harvey Birdman

Here, check this out. This is the sort of thing - just a bit too shiny new for my purposes. This will probably do the trick.