Basic flight over water

Started by visualaspirant, October 02, 2015, 11:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualaspirant

I put this together when I did a license trial maybe a year ago.

https://vimeo.com/107008160

I'd describe myself as a Terragen hobbyist for now but I do video production for work (mostly live and motion graphic corporate stuff) but I want to do more VFX and planetary/atmospheric aerial type stuff on my own.

Just bought a full license and rendered out a UHD frame set to maximum quality/anti-aliasing from this. Holy smokes. I am excited. (except for the render times)

Dune

archonforest

Nice.
Feels like I will save up some money here to get my anim license ;D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

dorianvan

-Dorian

Oshyan

Ahh, and this is only the beginning. :)

- Oshyan

visualaspirant

Thanks all.

I have much to learn and work on. Primarily texturing the terrain and stuff. Well, that and not cheating with golden hour sunsets each time I do something in Terragen. :)

Also trying to figure out how to best get my own "render farm" in place so sequences like this don't take weeks rendering on one machine. I think I'm still at the point where its more cost effective for me to increase the number of machines I have versus paying a render farm for time, although it would be the fastest. Assuming I get inexpensive refurbs or something at present...maybe my idea of increasing machine number would be better served just incrementally getting one powerful workstation.

I need to do some tests I suppose. As I understand it though, I've got the TG3 Pro + Anim license which means I have my main machine to work on rendering, plus 5 additional potential machines to render, for a total of 6 correct?

Oshyan

Yes, that's correct, you can render on a total of 6 machines at once. Just don't forget the power bill, and potential increase in cooling bill as well if you're rendering in a room that you also work in and the weather is warm. :D To get a proper comparison with a render farm you do have to take into account all costs, not just hardware. ;)

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Cool animation! And I wish you much fun with further experiments  :)