Windows 10 Preview Crash

Started by WAS, October 21, 2015, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Does anyone else have issues in Windows 10 where the Preveiw Windows simply stops displaying activity text (The percentage of preveiew or "finished" quote), and does nothing until reset? It seems to be "popping" every few node connections, or even adjusting scales on simple PFs.

I rarely see this on my Win7 machine or the slave machine I have which is ancient.

Oshyan

The first culprit to check with 3D preview issues is always the graphics driver. What graphics card do you have any are you running the latest driver?

- Oshyan

Kadri

The most i see it, is when i make more then one undo.
Then disabling or enabling any node for example corrects the behavior ones more.
But this is with Windows 8.1

Oshyan

I just realized you're talking about the *text* in the 3D preview (at the top or bottom, I presume), and not the contents of the 3D preview window itself. So my response is probably not indicating the culprit.

If either of you can determine a specific set of actions that reproduce this effect definitely let us know. Ideally something starting with the default scene.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on October 22, 2015, 04:25:23 PM
I just realized you're talking about the *text* in the 3D preview (at the top or bottom, I presume), and not the contents of the 3D preview window itself. So my response is probably not indicating the culprit.

If either of you can determine a specific set of actions that reproduce this effect definitely let us know. Ideally something starting with the default scene.

- Oshyan

The 3D preview does crash along with the status text. I use a Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, more then adequate I believe, it also uses the AMD suite which keeps it up to date on official non-beta drivers.

Oshyan

It's not a question of the "adequacy" of the graphics card or driver. You're sure that your AMD graphics driver is up to date?

- Oshyan