Object Transparency

Started by WAS, October 29, 2015, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I'm having some issues with a couple objects a friend gave me. When loaded into TG, and Poseray, the foliage, the transparency is just black. I've tried converting the materials to other formats to no avail (or worse outcomes). Does anyone know what the issue it?

Rumburak

I had a quite comparable issue a few months ago and as far as I remember I solved it with the help of this topic: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14856.0

I hope this will solve your problem too.

Patrick

Oshyan

Indeed, sometimes the opacity images need to be reloaded or relinked, or opacity needs to be manually enabled. In some cases it's necessary to derive "alpha from colour".

- Oshyan

WAS

Thanks so much, you two. That actually explains to me a lot better how these objects work and what "Opacity" is, though, having punched it into the wiki it seems self explanatory and I should have looked long ago...

Saving these as TGO's with the edits and custom color alteration. Not doing this again...

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 29, 2015, 02:33:11 PM
Thanks so much, you two. That actually explains to me a lot better how these objects work and what "Opacity" is, though, having punched it into the wiki it seems self explanatory and I should have looked long ago...

Saving these as TGO's with the edits and custom color alteration. Not doing this again...

good move...I do that with all the .obj autos, buildings etc. that have a lot of transparency settings.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist