Avaris Egypt 1450 BC

Started by dorianvan, October 30, 2015, 04:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

This is one of the animations we created for Exodus: Patterns of Evidence (Ulco, CJ Olsen, and myself). It was fully rendering inside Terragen, except for a few overlayed smoke stacks. There were over 300 frames and for much of the time rendering was 13 hours per frame. And we ended up rendering it twice to fix a few things.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWHNo0EXzGk&feature=youtu.be
-Dorian

Oshyan

Looks great! But wow, 13hrs/frame. I'm curious why so long, but I imagine for production needs the AA and other settings were probably pretty high... The film was shown in theaters as a "special engagement" for a few nights I think, so it had to hold up to more than just TV I guess.

- Oshyan

Hannes

Cool!
13 hours per frame is quite something! But it looks very smooth, so I think it's worth it.

TheBadger

Thats really cool. I was curious if the models of the homes were brought in one by one, or if they were brought in as one big model, or perhaps in groups?

also, I had wanted to see this docu, but where can I see it? Will it be on netflix or something like that?
It has been eaten.

Dune

Cool Dorian, you should post some more parts!

dorianvan

@Oshyan/Hannes, I had to keep cranking up the settings until the foliage flickering went away (this was for a really big screen), so I really didn't have a choice - plus the water added a lot of time. I'm sure there are better optimizations, but not with my current skills :)
@Badger, one big, huge, enormous 3.6GB object file. And I believe the movie is still on netflix and amazon prime.
@Ulco, https://youtu.be/v0sVql8g1fE
-Dorian

dorianvan

More pix.
-Dorian

WAS

Watched this documentary on my feed earlier and seeing this topic just made me smile. Knowing where things come from, especially communities like this is rad.  8)

Dune

Thanks, Dorian. Really cool reel!

Nacer Eddine

very hight quality and realitic scene
but the only problem is the time to render that.
need parralel computer to do that.

for my (personal opinion) , if its me i can do that with iclone in just a few minutes but of course with not hight quality as terragen

dorianvan

Thanks Nacer, I'm sure I could have got the render time better. Maybe next time :)
-Dorian

TheBadger

Thanks man, it is indeed still available on Netflix. I put it on my play list. I am looking forward to watching it.
It has been eaten.