Fractal procedural erosion shader public beta

Started by Daniil, November 15, 2015, 01:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 14, 2016, 01:32:05 AM
Everybody reading this thread; you know it still does work in TG4. Just copy the .tgp into the new plugins folder.

Y beat me to that Ulco. Guess I started this kerfuffle by sayin' it wouldn't extract to the BETA...sorry y'all
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

No worries. At least we can use that excellent erosion again.

Jo Kariboo

First, there is currently no TG4 version for the mac user (OS X). and secondly my question was whether there was new on the development of Daniil erosion for mac user.
If anyone has read and understood my question could answer.
Thank you anyway.  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on July 15, 2016, 08:29:06 AM
First, there is currently no TG4 version for the mac user (OS X). and secondly my question was whether there was new on the development of Daniil erosion for mac user.
If anyone has read and understood my question could answer.
Thank you anyway.  :)

Apparently a mac coder is needed to port the plugin over to your side, Danil only does intel; and I think Matt or Oshyan said within the month for a mac TG4 Beta
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Actually I believe Daniil works on a Mac, or at least has access to one. What is needed is a Mac version of the Terragen SDK, which is still in development. Once that is available I believe Daniil should be able to make a Mac version of his plugin without too much time.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on July 15, 2016, 03:10:19 PM
Actually I believe Daniil works on a Mac, or at least has access to one. What is needed is a Mac version of the Terragen SDK, which is still in development. Once that is available I believe Daniil should be able to make a Mac version of his plugin without too much time.

- Oshyan

I sit corrected, I must have misred his comment the first time this appeared, or more likey at my age, mis-remembered, heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on July 15, 2016, 03:10:19 PM

- Oshyan

Oshyan, thank you for the clarification.

Pierre C.

Vyacheslav

Erosion limiting the height and angle Surface layer . Everything is working.

ajcgi

Excellent. This is the 2nd thing today someone has uploaded I was thinking of doing too. :) Thanks!

If you attach a constant scalar node to the mask input and put in a value between 0 and 1 you can turn the whole effect down. It helps to sell the sense of scale in some scenes.
Also, a large, soft power fractal is interesting applied to the mask input instead.

Shigawire

Good to know this works in TG4 :)

@blinkfrog Any plans for fixing it so that masking by Surface Layer works?

ajcgi

I was under the impression it does work, so long as things are connected in a certain order.
That's how I've been using this in TG3 at least.

Shigawire

No new version has been released since this, unless I'm mistaken:

Quote from: blinkfrog on December 20, 2015, 03:31:26 AM
Here is a new version, 0.4.0.1 with some bugfixes (masking by Surface Layer still not fixed).
Also this is important update because previous version will expire on Jan 01, 2016 (I forgot do remove this from previous beta). New beta has no expiration date.

Daniil.

ajcgi

It works, it's just buggy.
Take a look at the examples posted a few posts up by Vyacheslav.

Vyacheslav

Erosion shader test.
Terragen v 3.4