Fractal procedural erosion shader public beta

Started by Daniil, November 15, 2015, 01:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Will there be any updates before the year is done?

Matt

I need to finish some changes to the SDK for 4.0. Daniil has some new erosion tech in development, but he probably won't release anything until he has the new SDK. So much to do. It is unlikely that you'll see an update to the erosion shader before the end of the year, but you never know...

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

AP

Thank you for the reply. I was curious at the current state of progress. I had not considered the fact that the SDK would have to be altered for the latest version of Terragen, however I did recall that Daniil was working on the new tech.

Vyacheslav

Erosion control function

AP

AP

Are there any new updates? Thank you.

Kevin F

It's a real pity that this utility appears to have died. So many things TG related just seem to drag on and on with lots of initial promise but little actual results. I know we've got TG4 etc. and a lot of work has gone into that, but we never seem to have a long term stable release that can use the SDK effectively. The long term dreams for TG are all well and good, but it's still lacking in so many areas. For a company with such great aspirations I'm  amazed there are so few people involved i.e. just 2! :-\

Dune

I can tell you something will be coming up soon. Daniil has done a great job, and it's been tested extensively, so be patient.... Can't tell you anymore, it's Daniil's baby after all.

Kevin F

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 22, 2017, 08:25:07 AM
I can tell you something will be coming up soon. Daniil has done a great job, and it's been tested extensively, so be patient.... Can't tell you anymore, it's Daniil's baby after all.

grin...great anticipation...be nice for the mac users if a mac version was part of the package...not one myself but sympathetic...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sboerner

Quotebe nice for the mac users if a mac version was part of the package...not one myself but sympathetic...

This Mac user (for one) appreciates the sympathy. Very much looking forward to this. The examples look amazing. Patience . . .

Daniil

Hello,

I intend to release update of procedural erosion plugin in a few days, with better TG4 compatibility and improved masking (allowing to mask erosion shader by Surface layer shaders, like in Classic Erosion).

I'd like to rename this plugin to Procedural Erosion, to easier distinguishing my erosion shaders and to have consistent names  - there would be Classic Erosion and Procedural Erosion, but it would destroy compatibility with older projects (that can be fixed by manual editing tgd-files). What do you think about renaming?

Daniil.

AP

Quote from: blinkfrog on November 05, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
Hello,

I intend to release update of procedural erosion plugin in a few days, with better TG4 compatibility and improved masking (allowing to mask erosion shader by Surface layer shaders, like in Classic Erosion).

I'd like to rename this plugin to Procedural Erosion, to easier distinguishing my erosion shaders and to have consistent names  - there would be Classic Erosion and Procedural Erosion, but it would destroy compatibility with older projects (that can be fixed by manual editing tgd-files). What do you think about renaming?

Daniil.

Very good and thank you.

The renaming is good.

bobbystahr

Quote from: blinkfrog on November 05, 2017, 06:27:38 AM
Hello,

Daniil.

Good idea and thanks for all the work you've put into this. Happy to see you're going to be at least marginally reimbursed....but you are a HERO around here so that counts for something. soon as I clear up some monthly debts i plan on purchasing and that's a high compliment from this miserly old pensioner heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist