Population on object

Started by kaedorg, November 06, 2017, 03:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaedorg

Hi guys

After renovating my new house for nearly 2 years, i am back into Terragen.
I didn't have time to use the TG4, so I start with old TG3 projects.

On the first one I had the surprise to see that populations on object seem too work in a different way.
With TG3 (build 3.3.04.0) it works fine as I did 2 years ago.
With TG4 (build 4.1.15 frontier), the populations don't work fine and are not able to anchor. I did several
changes with coordinates of the populations but it is floating in the air.
Objects are modified with fractal warp shaders. Could it be the reason why the 2 versions of TG react differently ?

David

Oshyan

Are you using the exact same project files and settings? TG3 and TG4 should behave the same with population anchoring.

- Oshyan

kaedorg

Quote from: Oshyan on November 06, 2017, 03:58:32 PM
Are you using the exact same project files and settings? TG3 and TG4 should behave the same with population anchoring.

- Oshyan

Hi Oshyan

Yes. I just opened the file and try to populate before rendering.
I'll try a second test.
If it fails again and if you have these 2 builds, can I email you the tgd ?

David

Dune

Did you check whether the anchoring is okay in the left panel? Occasionally the anchoring switches, or the planet isn't 'filled in' in the tab, especially when working without compute terrain.

Oshyan

Check Dune's suggestion and if it's not a node disconnection issue, please do send the .tgd. support AT planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

N-drju

Also, sometimes when you copy / duplicate the object population, the anchoring and planet turn off and have to be replugged.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

kaedorg

I had another try with the same tgd
Opening with TG3 : only action : clicking populate all needing update
grass 14412 instances
shrub 154
shrub 130
Opening with TG4 : only action : clicking population all needing update 
Shrub 2 instances
Shrub 2
grass 0 (window preparing object stay at 75%) nothing more, window can be closed without crash.

So I send you an email with the tgd

Thanks for your help

David

Oshyan

Great, we'll take a look and respond in email.

- Oshyan

Matt

There was a bug in v4.1.15.frontier, v4.1.16 and v4.1.17. Its fixed in v4.1.18, which is now available through Check for Updates in the app. Currently only for Windows and Linux, but Mac users aren't affected by this bug.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

kaedorg

Hi Matt

I downloaded the v4.1.18 and tested the tgd I talked about.
Everything is fine with it now.
Thanks a lot for this update.

David

bobbystahr

Thanks Matt, I wondered if it was my computer or mt brain  going till the updater
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist