I just dont get it...

Started by archonforest, November 18, 2015, 09:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

Quote from: TheBadger on November 21, 2015, 08:46:46 AMI will blame progressives.

Sometimes I think the "progressives" borrowed their label from the medical community as in "Progression of a Disease". It is insulting for them to try to dictate to me what (positive) "progress" is and what it is not. I know one and he thinks that I have a weak mind and don't know that he is playing his little mind games to subvert my value system subliminally.

JimB

Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

AP

Progressive is a word that has been taken out of it's context to suit who ever would use it to fit there self-interests against others. There are those who force there will against others through violent means to make progress and there are those who use non-violence voluntary means to make progress. If people have real freedom then there is more incentive to more forward, a moral and principled meaning of being progressive.

PabloMack

Quote from: Chris on November 21, 2015, 07:27:05 PM
Progressive is a word that has been taken out of it's context to suit who ever would use it to fit there self-interests against others. There are those who force there will against others through violent means to make progress and there are those who use non-violence voluntary means to make progress. If people have real freedom then there is more incentive to more forward, a moral and principled meaning of being progressive.

You said it!

AP

:)

PabloMack

I am all for the "Prime Directive" of Star Trek renown. The only problem with that is that others will interfere anyway so my non-interference is cancelled by others' actions. An example is people who go to "help" people of poor cultures such as the Inuit who demand that they be allowed to hunt like their ancestors. Except now they're riding out into the wilderness on snow mobiles, spotting their prey with high powered scopes, coordinating their attacks using "walkie talkies" and shooting seals with rifles. That's just wrong. If they want to hunt like their ancestors did, they should have to hunt like their ancestors did with dog sleds and harpooning seals with whale bones, not like modern man does. I say they should have to practice the old ways like their ancestors did or obey the rules like everyone else has to.

AP

I understand.