Wintry Roman scene

Started by Dune, November 29, 2015, 03:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Ulco, I love this image! I also like the intensity of the colors.

And I know someone, who want's to speak with that gentleman on the tower:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-obelix/568730

;D ;) :)

Dune

;D ;D

Just adding a Christmas tree and some lights (luminous rock pop)  ;)

Dune

Done. I also had to put some cement in the holes under the lowest 'imbrix', as it was too hard (impossible) to have no TG snow there. No-post version, btw.

TheBadger

Very nice, Ulco. I zeroed in on the roof. I like that detail of the tiles. Had to make some my self so I know the work that goes into even such basic shapes.
Can add a lot of polygons to the total just from something like that.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

That looks really cool, Ulco!

mhaze

Flythru

Great shot, that water surface and landscape looks like it's a photo. Tower I think it need to be a bit taller even if you Photoshopped it to test out, but it could kill the aspect ratio/balance. Your work is stunning.
8)

Dune

Thanks guys. These towers should be around 8-10m, and this one is 10m to the top. But there are different kinds, and who knows exactly what they were like 2000 years ago?
Yeah, Michael, it was quite a job to put those jabs of mud/cement in those holes. They also had these ornamental end things, but that was probably too fancy for these watchtowers. Even the fillings in this one should probably not be there (who cares about a sparrow nesting there?), but I had to.

j meyer

Nice.Like the colors in the blueish one.

The fillings are to be considered as the doors of the sparrows apartments. ;)

TheBadger

I believe the ornamentals were called Antefix, from the greeks. But yes, I don't think it would have been right for this. It looks good the way you did it. Thanks for posting those pics too, very cool to see it. Lots of fun for you Ulco, hope you are Nerd enough to fall asleep giggling at your good fortune.  ;D  :P
It has been eaten.

majidkaviani

i like your skills :)
i think it's so soft and it will be better with some displace on main terrain

Dune

Thank you.
Antefix, yes, that's it. Some of them are really nice, with a lion on it. And yes, I take much pleasure from looking at the final renders, though there's always something to enhance (or complain about). Looking at this one, makes me giggle indeed. I wish some ad agency would commission me to do something REALLY FUNNY  ;D

Majid, you mean a hilly terrain? Unfortunately, Holland is kind of flat. Makes it a lot harder to make interesting terrains.

Jo Kariboo

A well-made winter atmosphere. Great work again !