fake stone layers

Started by archonforest, November 11, 2016, 11:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Want to create two layers of fake stones. Like small ones at the bottom and some bigger ones on top. Trying the merge function but getting weird stuff only.
Can someone help me out to with some ideas pls?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on November 11, 2016, 11:10:57 AM
Want to create two layers of fake stones. Like small ones at the bottom and some bigger ones on top. Trying the merge function but getting weird stuff only.

What kinda weird stuff Atilla? Post a .tgd.....

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on November 11, 2016, 11:37:46 AM

Thx bobby for the response. I found some older threads about this just now and I think i will have some answers there.
(Weird was the it merged the stones...actually mixed them on a way that was crazy regardless what settings I tried)  ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on November 11, 2016, 01:09:09 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on November 11, 2016, 11:37:46 AM

Thx bobby for the response. I found some older threads about this just now and I think i will have some answers there.
(Weird was the it merged the stones...actually mixed them on a way that was crazy regardless what settings I tried)  ;D

Cool, threads are useful for stitching ideas together, heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Hard to believe but still struggling to create 2 layers of fake rocks without 1 layer f..ups the other layer. I put down a layer of big ones and then another one with small ones. (Line goes from small stone output into big input) Cannot be more simple but for some reason the small rocks also showing up on the top of the big ones. I tried to switch the order of the 2 stone layers and tried to use the merge node with all kind of settings but nothing. Can someone show me what is the correct flow for this?

AP

Take a look at this and see of it helps.

archonforest

AP