Terragen 4

Started by Kadri, December 11, 2015, 01:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

It is temporary probably. There was a site for Terragen 3 too for a while if i remember right.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on December 11, 2015, 08:47:39 PM

It is temporary probably. There was a site for Terragen 3 too for a while if i remember right.

It still exists, just no longer managed it seems as of August 2013. Still in my bookmarks bar with Planetside fav icon so knew it was active. Lol

http://terragen3.com/

TheBadger

Quote...It's used to create blockbuster movies such as Star Wars: The Force Awakens (yes, the new one)...
- Matt

Umm, can we see some of that, please? Pretty please? Please with some pixels on top?

Whatever your response, please don't just say, "sure, go see the movie". Because thats like saying think about engineering while in a double loop on a roller coster - I hope ;)

Maybe a break down, if I dare be so greedy to ask for such justice.
It has been eaten.

AP

Certainly looking forward to seeing what new features are in development, all in good time.

WAS

Quote from: TheBadger on December 11, 2015, 10:17:27 PM
Quote...It's used to create blockbuster movies such as Star Wars: The Force Awakens (yes, the new one)...
- Matt

Umm, can we see some of that, please? Pretty please? Please with some pixels on top?

Whatever your response, please don't just say, "sure, go see the movie". Because thats like saying think about engineering while in a double loop on a roller coster - I hope ;)

This. In the same boat. I would love to know what sort of uses it had.

bobbystahr

boy oh boy aren't we all just a chompin at the bit....hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Upon Infinity

Can someone explain what a "maintenance add-on" is?  Is Planetside adopting a subscription-based model?

WAS

Quote from: Upon Infinity on December 12, 2015, 04:02:42 AM
Can someone explain what a "maintenance add-on" is?  Is Planetside adopting a subscription-based model?

I believe that's just a support package as seen with a lot of software/services. It being available only for animation is likely because version limitations would make it hard to always be exact about issues, especially if a user isn't denoting their version.

Tangled-Universe

"Maintenance" is perhaps a bit of an unfortunate choice of words, because which company is it again who has so much appreciation (/sarcasm) by it's users because of it's "maintenance plan" where you end up paying each (half) year? ;)

Fortunately in this case it's simpler, because if I understood correctly from Oshyan it basically means: buy TG3 now and get the first TG4 release guaranteed.

People who bought TG3 before probably have to pay for the update.
Since it's a whole version update and worthwhile (I guess a couple here know how I felt about TG2 vs TG3) to update it is justified imho.

I hope that somewhere in Q1 2016 we testers are allowed to showcase more TG4 renders and perhaps render statistics.

Upon Infinity

Okay.  I understand now, TU.  Thanks.

Hannes

Quote from: TheBadger on December 11, 2015, 10:17:27 PM
- Matt

Oh yessssssss!!!!!!!!

bla bla 2

We can export/import to fbx ?

Jonathan

The clouds on the test images look vastly improved over the existing.....looking forward to getting v4....pricing dependant!!
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

TheBadger

Yes they do look nice. I only just now realized that I can click on the images to see a larger view... Did not think to try earlier because Oshyan and Matt like to torment us, so I thought the small images were it.

http://terragen4.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/lucbianco_jungle_scene_matt-spottlight-05-aa16-maxpps36-bounces6-incl-refl-post-1170x658.jpg

^^Look at this light!!! Now this is the light one needs to tell a story. This is promising. Also going to go ahead and ask that that mist be a preset.
It has been eaten.