Terragen 4

Started by Kadri, December 11, 2015, 01:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: TheBadger on December 12, 2015, 03:29:32 PM
Yes they do look nice. I only just now realized that I can click on the images to see a larger view... Did not think to try earlier because Oshyan and Matt like to torment us, so I thought the small images were it.

http://terragen4.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/lucbianco_jungle_scene_matt-spottlight-05-aa16-maxpps36-bounces6-incl-refl-post-1170x658.jpg

^^Look at this light!!! Now this is the light one needs to tell a story. This is promising. Also going to go ahead and ask that that mist be a preset.

It looks like the atmosphere is rendered differently. The noise just looks alien compared to atmospheres I've seen in 2-3. Not talking about the bloom, but the noise itself.

bobbystahr

I think that the noise comes from the light somehow, to me it looks like a vastly improved spotlight

clipped from the link
"jungle_scene_matt-spottlight"
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

I was pleased by the scale.

it is reasonable to assume that it is a spot light. I have a hope in the back of my head that we will be able to get that from the sun.  :o
It has been eaten.

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 12, 2015, 03:45:34 PM
I think that the noise comes from the light somehow, to me it looks like a vastly improved spotlight

clipped from the link
"jungle_scene_matt-spottlight"

That's probably exactly what it is, new scattering or something. It looks very photorealistic imho.

TheBadger

^^
By the time the release hits, we will be expecting TG to do renders while it cleans our houses and does our taxes :D But this is a good thing. PS will have to give more info sooner just to keep our expectations in check... PHY OPS, Oshyan, deliver on pain of sarcasm... your move.
::)
;D
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Hehe, wow. Well, we do plan to publish new info and images each week. I hope you guys can be patient in-between. :D

The Star Wars info is quite exciting, but we don't honestly have a lot of details yet. Hopefully we will soon.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on December 12, 2015, 07:28:37 PM
I hope you guys can be patient in-between. :D

The anticipation! I can't wait to hear more.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on December 12, 2015, 08:11:47 PM

well your options are limited to waiting and waiting, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 12, 2015, 08:29:58 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on December 12, 2015, 08:11:47 PM

well your options are limited to waiting and waiting, hee hee hee

Touche haha, Waiting it is.

AP

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, there is something rather interesting about how the leaves look in the alpha renders.

WAS

Quote from: Chris on December 15, 2015, 07:03:17 AM
Unless my eyes are deceiving me, there is something rather interesting about how the leaves look in the alpha renders.

True translucency finally? Was suppose to come late TG2 from staff posts I've read. :D

AP

Actually i was thinking Sub surface scattering but i'm not jumping to any conclusions here. It's the thicker parts, not really the whole leaf because only translucency would be enough for a leaf. Sub surface scattering is best for objects with more volume where light can penetrate and scatter in multiple directions where as translucency scatters in only one direction.

Tangled-Universe

Yes there's definitely something about that image...but what? ;)

I'm so mean!!  ;D

pokoy

I'd say it's either a new light type with localized fog/haze or better shadows (or maybe even AO)? Or both... :P

AP

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 16, 2015, 06:51:48 AM
Yes there's definitely something about that image...but what? ;)

I'm so mean!!  ;D

Indeed there is something...