Terragen 4

Started by Kadri, December 11, 2015, 01:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Quote from: Matt on February 12, 2016, 07:59:17 PM
Quote from: Chris on February 12, 2016, 04:44:26 PM
Is that a UI change or just some custom Windows theme?

In the video it's just a custom Windows theme. But we are considering adding an optional dark UI in Terragen 4, and this gives us a chance to see how that might look.

Matt

That certainly would make a very nice theme. Easy on the eyes. Very modern and minimalist.

bobbystahr

Agree with the others on the UI theme colours...relaxing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Quote from: archonforest on February 12, 2016, 03:21:20 PM
I checked couple of days ago the upgrade price from Creative 3 to 4 but found nothing. When this data will be public?

We'll add this option in the next couple of weeks.

- Oshyan

archonforest

Quote from: Oshyan on February 13, 2016, 03:01:19 AM
I checked couple of days ago the upgrade price from Creative 3 to 4 but found nothing. When this data will be public?

- Oshyan
:D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

I noticed in the Terragen 4 - Ray Traced Preview Part 2 at the start of the video, there is only the density fractal to drive the shape of the cloud and the cloud tops are puffy and not flat. Is this something new for the Cloud layer 3 shader?

Oshyan

Quote from: Chris on February 29, 2016, 07:25:45 AM
I noticed in the Terragen 4 - Ray Traced Preview Part 2 at the start of the video, there is only the density fractal to drive the shape of the cloud and the cloud tops are puffy and not flat. Is this something new for the Cloud layer 3 shader?

You should be able to achieve the same effect in TG3 with a Localized cloud layer and a simple Billows noise function in a Power Fractal.

- Oshyan

AP

Interestingly enough, i think there may be a solution i may have overlooked using only the one Density fractal shader.

Oshyan

The upgrade option for TG3 Creative to TG4 Creative is now available in the online store. If you don't see it when you login, contact us at support AT planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

Quote from: archonforest on February 13, 2016, 01:13:41 PM
Quote from: Oshyan on February 13, 2016, 03:01:19 AM

- Oshyan
:D