Terragen 4 is in Development!

Started by Oshyan, December 11, 2015, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

We're all taking it easy over Christmas Badger, but there will be more info soooon. :)

- Oshyan

kaedorg

Oh yeah, Planetside Staff deserve Xmas holidays too ;-)

David

Jonathan

Despite the fact that I have not done much with TG3 for some time (work and wife pressures!) I have just placed an order for the upgrade...the new renders look great and I am sure I will weep when I create a render with those lovely fluffy now clouds!! Can't wait to get the upgrade...in Q2....
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Jonathan

Compared to the old 3D preview, it looks fantastic! My 12 core should give me reasonable performance I hope!
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Oshyan

We've got a new video and info on Terragen 4's lens effects up at Terragen4.com. Have a look!
http://terragen4.com/lens-effects/

- Oshyan

TheBadger

like that water one a bunch! is the vignette part of it too or is that post something or other?
It has been eaten.

AP

Excellent addition for the new Lens Effects. I figured there was something going on in that area like a new blooming effect but i was hesitant to state anything.

Oshyan

Quote from: TheBadger on January 15, 2016, 10:09:24 PM
like that water one a bunch! is the vignette part of it too or is that post something or other?

Not sure what you mean about the vignette. No post processing on the mountain water scene (or any of them for that matter).

- Oshyan

mhall

The impression of lens vignetting may be caused by the bloom of the highlights making the center of the frame appear brighter than the edges ... ?

TheBadger

OK, so you do see it too then, mhall? Oshyan sometimes makes me think I am imagining things.
It has been eaten.

mhall

TheBadger

;D ok good.

By the way, i rather liked it. So no complaining at all was meant. It looks good. And I do like that it comes from a natural result of the light rather than being added.
It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

pokoy

Looks great. Again, can't wait.

Are the flares always added at rendertime or is there a way to apply as a post-effect so you could save the original file and the flares separately? This would be a big plus for me.
I'd still love to see the tone mapping options exposed as paramters and color balance based on K temperature. Not that I can't do that in post but having the controls in the frame buffer (updating live on paramter changes) would help to nail the look down in TG without much post to do afterwards. I know, I've asked for this before...

Either way, the flares look great :D

Matt

Quote from: pokoy on January 19, 2016, 06:09:35 AM
Are the flares always added at rendertime or is there a way to apply as a post-effect so you could save the original file and the flares separately? This would be a big plus for me.

You'll be able to do this in the final release.

I'd still love to see the tone mapping options exposed as paramters and color balance based on K temperature. Not that I can't do that in post but having the controls in the frame buffer (updating live on paramter changes) would help to nail the look down in TG without much post to do afterwards. I know, I've asked for this before...

I want to add more controls like this. Maybe not in 4.0, but perhaps later on.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.