Rendering 16bit animation in TG creative+ Animation

Started by mdharrington, November 25, 2015, 01:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdharrington

Well, I should have just paid the money and bought professional :)

I am running creative+animation and would like to do a 16bit tiff sequence render....

I can render individual frames and save to 16bit, but there is no option to save 16bit when using the render sequence dialogue....and the saved images are 8bit.

Is this the only option available? Or am I missing something

Thanks

Matt

When rendering a sequence, TIFF output is currently limited to 8-bit. This is true of TG3 Professional as well. I'll look to see if there's some way to fix this. Can you work with EXR?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

mdharrington

EXR is no problem....except of course it's not available in the creative+animation version which I currently have
a 16 bit tif would be a nice go between...but 8 bit is pretty limiting this day and age

WAS

Quote from: mdharrington on November 25, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
EXR is no problem....except of course it's not available in the creative+animation version which I currently have
a 16 bit tif would be a nice go between...but 8 bit is pretty limiting this day and age

I do feel it's the opposite, most applications refuse to even support 16bit TIFF images.

mdharrington

All the apps I use will accept 16 bit tiffs
PS AE fusion, LW, Houdini....haven't run into an app that won't support it yet.

Exr is the way to go no doubt

mdharrington

Is there a timeline on a possible fix?

I am set up to render a few animated sequences, and part of the reason I settled on Creative+animation (for now) was the 16 bit output listed on the features page.

Thanks

Matt

I'm working on a fix for this now. I'm aiming to have this working for a TG3 update no later than January.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.