Render Quality Examples

Started by Njen, December 28, 2006, 12:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njen

Hello all,
I decided to put together a page that clearly shows the differences of having different Detail and Anti-aliasing values and what their render times are. The page is accessable from my Atmosphere Examples page and here:
http://www.motionmagnetic.com/terragen2/render.html

Please know that the images linked from the thumbnails are .png's as to retain quality and minimize artifacts as a result of compression, since it's artifacts in the render that are being compared in the first place. Therefore they will be a little heavy on the download.

As I test out higher detail settings, I will add more very soon.

Cheers!

- njen

jmaurer

Really nice and very helpful. I might add also a terrain sample as well seperate from the cloud sample. Would be nice to see the detail and anti-aliasing levels on that in relation to times... that is if you are so inclined.  ;D

crazymonkey

I was having a read of this before...very handy info, thanks for sharing :)

rcallicotte

Thanks.  Adding this to my gathering list of "how-to-do-it"s.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Excellent, another great resource! Awesome work. :)

I'm going to move this one over to User-created tutorials as well.

Fabian

Nice comprehansion. The quality render values are quite too low to get real working results. It would be great, when we could see the render result comprehanded with Details 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, AA 8, 9, 10, 11. Just to see, if max render detail settings will bring the same result as 0.8/9 but you saved 4 hours for example.

Just a little notice, thanks for your work and the upcoming quality examples. :)
DFI Lanparty DK 790 FX-B
AMD Phenom II X4 940 4x 3 Ghz
OCZ 8GB Platinum DDR2 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 4890
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit