Palm

Started by rcallicotte, August 22, 2007, 08:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Comments are welcome.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Saurav

I really like this render as it's quite realistic. The clouds look like the Mammatus types usually associated with beginning of an intense storm. The composition and atmosphere settings are also spot on in terms of realism. I would re-render this at higher settings as there seems to be a lot of noise in the clouds/atmo. If you can get those patterns in the clouds to be a little larger and dip a little more to the ground (displace) that would add more to the realism. Check some Mammatus clouds pictures in google. I would also light up the tree a bit so you can see some details on it. Other than that this is looking really good. Congrats for a fine image.

nvseal

This looks very very good. Nice work on those clouds.

old_blaggard

I agree with both of those.  The idea and composition of the image is excellent, and the clouds themselves could benefit from a bit more quality, but I wouldn't tweak their settings at all.  Your best so far, I think.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

@Saurav - Thanks.  I've been tweaking, while logging my original values on a piece of paper.   ;D  This is fun.

@nvseal - Great.  Thanks for the compliment.

@o_b - Wow.  Cool compliments.  I'm trying other things, but I'm not losing my original values. 

I need to give credit to Paint.net for it's Level Adjustment that brought out the best in my saved TIF file from TG2.  I think I might like Paint.Net's Level adjustment better than Photoshop's (don't own CS3, though).

RArcher

I love the clouds and the overall sense of moodiness. For me, the palm tree is upsetting the balance of your image a bit.

Oshyan

Wow, didn't think I'd see a passable mammatus immitation for a while yet, but you've just about managed it! Nice work. :)

- Oshyan

Seth

very very nice clouds !
i love it !

sjefen

I agree with everyone. The clouds are very cool.
I would love to se this with better quality.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Volker Harun

Agree - but do not change the lighting.

FrankB

Well done, Calico!

Ogre

Love the image, especially the clouds.
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

rcallicotte

Here's an update with higher quality.  Interested in your comments.

old_blaggard

Great!  This brings out the shapes of the clouds even more.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

bigben

Great image.  The photographer in me is itching to see just a touch of shadow detail in the foreground and maybe some more light coming through the gaps in the clouds (the sky is very dark)... although I don't know if that would change things too much.