Strange December Green Grass

Started by fleetwood, December 24, 2015, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Since a snow storm in late November it has been very mild here in Mid-Michigan.
It was near a record of 60 F yesterday, 45 F today.
Not much of a photo but this is the spring like color of the winter wheat here, taken today Dec 24. Lawn grasses are green here also. They would normally be looking brown at this time.

TheBadger

I just can't complain. I know I am supposed to be very worried by it, but I just can't complain.

You are in Michigan, Fleetwood? Cool man. Did not know you were up here. Michigan has some really beauty.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Extremely warm here in Europe as well (lawnmowers active). And there are still people not believing the earth is getting heated up. I recently saw an image of the oceans, where red were warmer than usual spots and blue colder. Near Iceland and Greenland  (and Patagonia) a large blue patch appeared; could that be the flow of cold water from melting ice caps?
The point of no return may be passed before we know  :(

AP

Here it has been the coolest summer i recall in many years and it has been cooler all throughout the entire year. Only three minor heat waves and that is rare. There are normally more. There is talk of an El Nino next year which means a lot of rain.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on December 25, 2015, 02:27:06 AM
Extremely warm here in Europe as well (lawnmowers active). And there are still people not believing the earth is getting heated up. I recently saw an image of the oceans, where red were warmer than usual spots and blue colder. Near Iceland and Greenland  (and Patagonia) a large blue patch appeared; could that be the flow of cold water from melting ice caps?
The point of no return may be passed before we know  :(
Really weird part is that temps on Mars have also been increasing over last decade or so.  No one seems to know why,  whether there's a connection or its just coincidence.

bobbystahr

I think the universe is setting up a re boot myself...and uh...Merry Christmas threaders
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 25, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
I think the universe is setting up a re boot myself...and uh...Merry Christmas threaders
Hope it not running on :P Windows
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on December 26, 2015, 08:50:09 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on December 25, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
Hope it not running on :P Windows

Likely, and with BGates running the ship it could only get worse...hoping it's Steve at the helm m'self. It'll all come out Apple Shiny...heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

otakar

Yeah I hear of flowers blooming and some trees budding in central Europe. Ski areas having lots of trouble getting any runs operational with artificial snow. Lucky here in Colorado with white and frosty Christmas (how it should be) :)

bobbystahr

And they just had this in Texas....were they bad or what...right on the heels of a tornado incident....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

We have been under flash flood warnings for a week with no end in the immediate future. Temperature has been in the mid 70's(F) for the last two weeks..............I tend to agree with Bobby. I see a three finger salute in our future.  ???

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on December 28, 2015, 03:48:19 PM
We have been under flash flood warnings for a week with no end in the immediate future. Temperature has been in the mid 70's(F) for the last two weeks..............I tend to agree with Bobby. I see a three finger salute in our future.  ???

Kind of a pity too...I'm just starting to get the hang of this living thing, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

fleetwood

Should have kept my mouth shut. Ice storm all afternoon today. Can hear each individual pellet hit the windows. A day to hunker down, have some hot chocolate and work on a render.  ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on December 28, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
Should have kept my mouth shut. Ice storm all afternoon today. Can hear each individual pellet hit the windows. A day to hunker down, have some hot chocolate and work on a render.  ;D

heh heh, Mom Nature has ears every where....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

TheBadger

Quote from: fleetwood on December 28, 2015, 05:36:18 PM
Should have kept my mouth shut. Ice storm all afternoon today. Can hear each individual pellet hit the windows.

Here too. Interstate shut down, connecting highways a disaster. Rush hour hell.
Total white out near me. Tried to driver to a store to return a snow tube I bought for my kids, to get a different one. Had to turn back.

El NiƱo! Mexico is to blame  ;D

Personally I like it. Haven't had a blizzard like this in this part of the state since I was a kid. Gonna take the kids sledding just as soon as its safe to do so.

When life gives you a blizzard, make a snowball and throw it at someone.
Also, remember not to eat the yellow snow. Unless you are into that kinda thing. None of my business.
It has been eaten.