realism

Started by Cocateho, December 25, 2015, 09:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocateho

Added a 2nd version with more contrast and saturation, as my monitor is high on both so the first one looks good to me but the second may look better for some people.

Hannes

A beautiful autumn scene. Great colours.
Since your thread is called "realism", I'd like to suggest adding a very subtle slightly blueish mist or fog, to create a little more depth.

Oshyan

That's the most realistic trunk I think I've ever seen rendered in Terragen. Well done. :)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on January 22, 2016, 04:41:38 PM
That's the most realistic trunk I think I've ever seen rendered in Terragen. Well done. :)

- Oshyan

Gotta agree...and full marks to Hannes for suggesting the double model technique that enabled the completion of this scene
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Yes, that looks simply fantastic.

Cocateho

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 23, 2016, 10:57:16 AM
Quote from: Oshyan on January 22, 2016, 04:41:38 PM

- Oshyan

Gotta agree...and full marks to Hannes for suggesting the double model technique that enabled the completion of this scene

Yes, a LOT of credit to Hannes for that. Simple, yet genius  ;D. Indeed this scene would not have come together without you guy's help in general, and I learned a lot working on this. That's the beauty of these forums though, right?  :)

A side note for anyone who tries the force displacement for bark: at first I found the texture images to be pretty blurry with the displacement on, so I upscaled and sharpened the texture image a bit and that seemed to help. May not work as well for really close up shots but it seemed to help it "feel" less fuzzy.

Cocateho

Quote from: Chris on January 23, 2016, 04:47:21 PM

Thank you!

Btw, those are your clovers poking up though the grass  ;)

mhaze

AP

Quote from: Cocateho on January 23, 2016, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: Chris on January 23, 2016, 04:47:21 PM

Thank you!

Btw, those are your clovers poking up though the grass  ;)

Now that you mentioned it, i see them. There is a lot to look at.

DocCharly65

Absolute fantastic now!  :)