"Forbidden Lands" renders

Started by AndyWelder, January 09, 2016, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

The holidays gave me the opportunity to experiment with combining some of my (old) files. The resulting renders are a combination of my experiments with the crater shader made in 2007 and some new clips, derived from René van Megen's surface file. There are some more on the drawing board now, will post them ASAP.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

mhaze

Excellent work - moody and different.

bobbystahr

Thanks so much for posting these here...facebook craps everything up so bad...thrice impressed seeing them here
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Volker Harun

I adore the upper image. Very good work, my old friend!

WAS

Really unique design seeing these verticals with a design which in real world may be more lateral. As the name suggests, very forbidden  alien looking land

DocCharly65

Yes - very extraterrestrial! Cool!

AndyWelder

Thank you for commenting!

Here's another one.

TheBadger

I like this last one a bunch. Love the comp and the crack. Would like to see this again when we have square noise!
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Volker Harun

The new render has almost too much information for me :-) Nonetheless a great work with framing, lighting and atmospheres ... PoV .......

@Badger: Square Noise? Search for posts of the user Mogn or search for city-scapes

AndyWelder

Sorry, Volker, for almost causing an information overload. ;)

WAS

Canyon clouds are sure cool. Nice addition.  8)

TheBadger

@Badger: Square Noise? Search for posts of the user Mogn or search for city-scapes
I know,  ;D I have been badgering staff about it for a while. I know those threads well :)
It has been eaten.