little riddle

Started by DocCharly65, January 11, 2016, 03:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

TheBadger

Quote from: Chris on January 12, 2016, 03:32:29 AM
Wow, so much to ponder over. It looks just like a classic Americana town. I never owned a Playstation so my guess would have been off.

Looks like Detroit, only less murdery. But then that girl and that car just sitting there seems kinda ominous.
It has been eaten.

AP

Quote from: TheBadger on January 12, 2016, 07:40:10 AM
Quote from: Chris on January 12, 2016, 03:32:29 AM
Wow, so much to ponder over. It looks just like a classic Americana town. I never owned a Playstation so my guess would have been off.

Looks like Detroit, only less murdery. But then that girl and that car just sitting there seems kinda ominous.

Well, not that i would want to live there.    ;)

Kadri

Nice changes.
I would place the lamp more in the middle of the car and the manhole.
As it is now the picture feels divided in two halves to me.
If it is a moving camera scene this might not matter much.

DocCharly65

Thanks Kadri.

The Lamppost is a bit a problem:
I need it for a 3D stereoscopic render.
I don't want to loose the second one left out of the camera in the Fog-Version
All Lampposts are connected in a 1.5 miles long population and I want to avoid variing distances between them.

Anyway my plans meet your prediction - the camera will move and turn...

I'm already excited and waiting to go home for some new ideas  :o ;D

Mahnmut

As far as I know you can move single instances of a population in the actual version of TG,
or do you want to keep your lampposts perfectly regular?

Cheers,
J

DocCharly65

Quote from: Mahnmut on January 12, 2016, 09:55:45 AM
As far as I know you can move single instances of a population in the actual version of TG,
or do you want to keep your lampposts perfectly regular?

Usually you were right! But I've done it again! I reached the limit of either my PC or Terragen - I am not sure  ;D
I can't edit any more population... Loading the scene into Terragen needs about 10 minutes even with my core i7  ;)

But I was able to do some more tweaks:
I just moved the lamppost objects via translation of the object shader and keeping the pop as it is. I only had to care that no lamppost is placed in a house, crosswalk or something like that  ;)  and I needed something for the foreground
To replace the missing lamp I fixed two lamps on the building.
Some ivy in the house, a bench and some more little things to explore - and here we are:

[attach=1]  3d anaglyphic:  [attach=2]

Hannes

Great!! Getting better and better. I love all the details.

I know this dog! Last time I saw him he sat in front of my Hammond B3!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on January 14, 2016, 03:39:39 AM
Great!! Getting better and better. I love all the details.

I know this dog! Last time I saw him he sat in front of my Hammond B3!

;D ;D

Not 100% sure but could be. You did more texturing work. I just repaiered some little things from this verison:

[attach=1]

Found it first time on archive3D a year ago but the download link didn't work. On open3Dmodel.com I found it again some days ago and it worked. In that scond I knew that boy has to guard the bike  ;D

Hannes

Yes, that's the guy. Don't remember where I got it from.

mhaze

DocCharly65

8) I got also some c&c from my girl - so I will do at least one last change:

The big brand new Lincoln must leave  :'( (in this scene only - I'll park em a bit rear of our POV ;) )
I'll put a smaller older car there  :'(

But she's right  :-*  The Lincoln may be cool but it disturbs the scenery a bit through its mightiness.
In the animation it may be ok but for the still image I'll give it a try using something smaller.

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on January 14, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
The big brand new Lincoln must leave  :'( (in this scene only - I'll park em a bit rear of our POV ;) )

I think that's a good idea. Now that you mentioned it, the car indeed seems a bit out of place.

Dune

Today I saw a bright yellow Fiat 500 (the backpack). Now that would be  nice car to add somewhere....

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on January 14, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
8) I got also some c&c from my girl - so I will do at least one last change:

But she's right  :-*  The Lincoln may be cool but it disturbs the scenery a bit through its mightiness.
In the animation it may be ok but for the still image I'll give it a try using something smaller.

It was bugging me as well as it seems to be parked partially on the side walk
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist