Functional - S03E01 - 03

Started by Volker Harun, January 13, 2016, 03:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Quote from: Volker Harun on January 14, 2016, 09:44:41 AM
@otakar ... S03E01 Directors Cut attached ... shading and displacements on the cubes' sides. Changed a bit the coloring and as mentioned above the function-setup.
Thx for sharing the file. I really like it. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

fleetwood

Most interesting. Thanks for sharing.

otakar

Thanks for the file. Great that you've shown it can be done! Will be useful for procedurally built/displaced objects.

Hannes

mogn

Volker Harun

Work in Progress ...
I had this sin-function (floor and sphere) in my head since yesterday and am quite glad, that the result is quite symetric.

But, I have the problem with that sphere. It is displaced by a distant shader. And the transition of sphere and displacement misses any softness. Well, there is no transition at all ;-)

Any ideas - concerning the transition or any other aspect of Episode 3?

bobbystahr

Wish I could help but I've no idea...never even thought of displacing with a Distance shader...watching with interest though.
You make interesting/confounding images and even more confounding problems...keep up the good work as we're all learning from this stuff.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

So good to see your style again. Keep them coming
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

I've used distance shaders to displace waterfalls, and saw the hard lines too. What if you unclamp the colors? And what if you add a soft min or soft max?

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Volker Harun

Over the weekend I was working on getting a softer and more organic feeling to the floor but to maintain some technical aspects.. Right now ... no spheres ... and I have no idea, where this is driving me to.

AP

A lava shader grid world.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Giant fabric. You could drape it over a shape.