import objet

Started by lebleuetok, January 11, 2016, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lebleuetok

Hello everyone
I wonder what is possible to import an object or a design (house, building or other) than I did on 3Ds Max, Sketchup or other 3D software.
If it's possible
What are the procedures to follow and what it could have tutorials that will help me do that.
Thank you
Hoping everything consistent.

TheBadger

Just go to "objects" and click on obj reader, select file, open. Then adjust the scale, it will not come in at the exact size you made it, usefully it will be huge, but that will make it easier for you to see.

Adjust the shaders for the models in the internal nodes of the import object node which you will find in the object section of your node view. Make sure the primary texture is at 100% if it renders black you will know that it is not at 100%

Just getting an object in and moving it around is going to be easy for you. After that come back with more questions  :)
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

In terms of preparing a house etc. type model bear in mind that for the Glass shader to work Cast Shadows has to be turned off in the model so I find it best to save the glass/windows as a separate model and turn off cast shadows only on that part. If you need help with this just ask.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

lebleuetok

Thank you for your replies.
Some of you know has any place I could find tutorials that can better explain the procedures. English is not a language I used at any day and with tutorials I understand more easily.
Thank you

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Beat me to the punch Badger
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

It has been eaten.