Terragen 3 Dutch manual tips

Started by Luc Klumpers, January 18, 2016, 02:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luc Klumpers

Good morning everybody!

I will introduce myself first. I am Luc Klumpers, 17 years old and live in the Netherlands. Me and a friend of mine are currently working on a Dutch manual for Terragen 3. Terragen 3 has no Dutch manual at the moment and we thought it would be fun and helpful to make a Dutch manual ourselves. Not many people know about Terragen in our country so a manual in our own language would really help a lot! It is also for a exam project at school. We already had contact with Oshyan from Planetside and they were very enthusiastic about it.

So enough about that and now to the point.
We are now working hard on it and our deadline is in April.
We have one question. What would you like to see in a manual?
What do you think is very important when making a manual for Terragen 3.
We already are about half way through it but we were wondering what you guys who use Terragen would definitely want to see in a manual and what would be very helpful in it. So if you have any suggestions, we would like to hear them!

Also if you have any tips on making the manual not especially regarding to this. We would also like to hear them from you!  :)

Regards,
Luc Klumpers

Dune

Hi Luc,

It's a nice idea, but have you ever worked in Terragen? There's a huge amount of documentation here and in the wiki. If you intend to work all that out into a translated manual, you're getting into something. Just wondering.

Volker Harun

In my opinion, in a manual (Like a Beginners Workshop) there should be a workflow. Like 1. idea, 2. terrain, 3. PoV, 4. atmosphere ...

Luc Klumpers

Quote from: Dune on January 18, 2016, 03:24:43 AM
Hi Luc,

It's a nice idea, but have you ever worked in Terragen? There's a huge amount of documentation here and in the wiki. If you intend to work all that out into a translated manual, you're getting into something. Just wondering.

Hi Dune,

Yes, I have worked with Terragen for quiet some time now. I have already looked at the other documentation and I know it has many useful things. I use it several times when writing the manual. But the question was more to see what the community itself wants to see in a manual. And maybe that people can give tips that we can use. so it is not that we don't know what we are doing haha   ;)

Dune

Okay, that sounds good. I wish you luck. But why haven't you posted any of your work here?

Luc Klumpers

Hhmm. Not thaught about that yet. Certainly something to do soon haha! Thanks!

masonspappy

How about a definitive manual on how to use blue nodes? I think there are people here (I'm one) who would pay for that.

archonforest

Quote from: masonspappy on January 18, 2016, 09:07:59 AM
How about a definitive manual on how to use blue nodes? I think there are people here (I'm one) who would pay for that.
Hehe I would pay for a more useful English one than we have right now on the wiki.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd