No umbrella

Started by Hannes, January 21, 2016, 04:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I used my own rain file for this low res animation plus a little warping to make it a bit more natural.
The splashes are actually a population of tiny little white grass clumps. The seed is animated so that each frame has a different seed. "Repopulate every frame" is checked.
I had to cheat a little bit: I used some frame blending in AE to make the appearance of the "splashes" look a bit less chaotic, and there's a bit of tinting the whole scene.

After I had finished the clip, I realized that each car I picked is blue. I didn't notice that before...

Tangled-Universe

Ha! Brilliant!

Awesome work Hannes, sorry for the superficial reply, but this is just cool use of TG :)

Oshyan

Very clever Hannes. Surprisingly great result!

- Oshyan

yossam

Seen a lot of that lately.............frog strangler rain. Great job............... :)

Kadri

Smart use of Terragen and nice animation Hannes :)

AP

He looks to be not having a good day. Good stuff on the rain effects.

Dune

Awesome, and really smart, Hannes. Congrats, as some might say  ;)

DocCharly65

Really, really great again, Hannes! And absolutely clever solution with the splashes!  :)

Hannes

Thanks a lot, guys! Although it would be great to have a sophisticated particle system in TG, it was great fun to find out how to simulate a particle simulation.

Dune

Yeah, particle system would be too easy. Finding out how to simulate simulations is much more fun  ;D

j meyer

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

That's so good and surprising it made me laugh...well done Hannes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
Really fun to see that!
It has been eaten.