Sierra's WIP

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 24, 2016, 06:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Shhhh...Oshyan!

Now Badger doesn't believe I'm an arcane magician anymore  :-[

;D

AP

Yes, image two looks great. As was said, Volume Density settings are perfect for that type of look. I did something like a Lake Diablo type look some time back.

TheBadger

Still think more than a few of you are half human half computer hybrids from outer space. Never really liked the idea of wizards though. I always thought if I met Harry Potter I would want to punch him. At least I always want to punch adults who go to harry potter movies dressed up as wizards. Also, cyborgs are much cooler than wizards, cuz cyborgs get lasers and wizards just have wands, and I like guns more than wood sticks. Either way, you still make good renders.

:D
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 24, 2016, 06:53:48 AM
Some may have seen an earlier version of this on FB, but here's a new iteration.

This is only the top half of the image.
I'm still working on the bottom section of the render and I still have to pursue some other ideas for improvement, like changing some tree types and placing some big boulders here and there, as well as some dirt/twigs and suchs.
Quite a lot of work to do, actually.

Anyhow, enjoy, hopefully.

Cheers,
Martin

much mo better here, like this a lot
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Agree with Oshyan on the water.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Volume density settings even takes lines of colors, so there's a lot you can do (whirls of silt). Or add a surface shader under the water and have a 0.2 like coverage, decreases the reflection a bit, but also colors the water. Sometimes decreasing reflection isn't a bad idea anyway.

Kadri

Looks already very nice Martin.Curious about the lower half.

Tangled-Universe

Lower half is on its way...

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

Looking forward to it.

paq

My co-worker was asking me if I was looking for tree references ... he didn't get that that this first image posted here was a render :)

Gameloft

Tangled-Universe

Here's how the stones look so far...sorry for the inferior quality, the other render took way too long.

bobbystahr

Wow...them r nice rocks indeed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

The rocks are great just like granite a few small cracks and they'd be perfect.  The water looks just like recent glacial melt just be fore all the sediment settles.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks Mick :)

Like glacial melts indeed and it's too strong to my taste, in retrospect.
If it's glacial melt, then where's some of the snow which I would expect to be around, still?
That didn't seem right to me, so I changed to colours a bit.