A sizing project

Started by bobbystahr, January 30, 2016, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This is a sizing test I decided to do with an XFROG model and starting with paq grass. The tree is loaded out of the box and is adult. The column next to it is 20 m. from the ground to tip so the tree is a small average mature tree.
The Poser figure is 1.8 m in her high heels and the red column to her left shows like-wise.
The tree is a 'double load' to get displacement on the trunk and it's driven to 0.03 by a normal map generated in Photoshop with the NVIDIA normal plugin.The detail render has that height but the full one has 0.3 by accident...was going to do a detail so I left it as is.
I've attached the normal/displacement map as well for those who have this model.
The LushGrass Var 3 is sized to 0.306535 and 2 of the leaves use the dry map. No Colour variation.
The render is all default settings,Detail 0.5 AA 3.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
from WIKI
Salix babylonica is a medium- to large-sized deciduous tree, growing up to 20–25 m (66–82 ft) tall. It grows rapidly, but has a short lifespan, between 40 to 75 years. The shoots are yellowish-brown, with small buds. The leaves are alternate and spirally arranged, narrow, light green, 4–16 cm long and 0.5–2 cm broad, with finely serrate margins and long acuminate tips; they turn a gold-yellow in autumn. The flowers are arranged in catkins produced early in the spring; it is dioecious, with the male and female catkins on separate trees.[1][3]
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist