Displaceable Objects selective displacement

Started by hughbee, February 06, 2016, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hughbee

Can displaceable objects be displaced based on the upper half or lower half of the object or a certain percentage range or altitude of the object? I would like to make some mushroom rocks.

Dune

You can displace with a height restriction, or a distance shader and camera at the bottom. Should be possible.

EDIT: 5 mins work  ;D  (I know you don't need a real mushroom, but anyway)

AP

Pulled a fast one there with the Mushroom. Very nice.

bobbystahr

Cool TG  modelling Ulco...you're an inspiration and if only I could suss how y think these things out I'd be off to the races.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

KyL

Quote from: Dune on February 07, 2016, 01:56:46 AM
You can displace with a height restriction, or a distance shader and camera at the bottom. Should be possible.

EDIT: 5 mins work  ;D  (I know you don't need a real mushroom, but anyway)

That's freaking awesome!

What about turning that into a shader now? Fake Mushroom Shader anyone?

El Kabong

Quote from: Dune on February 07, 2016, 01:56:46 AM
5 mins work  ;D

Yeah right.  ::)  plus how many hours of working with this program and mathematical knowledge acquired over how many years? 

Later, Ron

...hmmm, wonder what happens when this is plugged into that?

AP

Maybe something can be done with Fake stones? Use the ideas here to apply to stones. That way, there is an entire field of procedural Mushrooms. I was working on something semi-mushroom shaped but ran into displacement problems.

AP

I think what would make huge a substantial difference and easy to create all sorts of shapes for anything is a B-Spline shape profile editor. Side axis can be drawn along there plain with the top axis for it's separate drawing window. Then of course the usual fractal displacements could be added for additional smaller and other details.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bla bla 2

You go sûr planet and displacement 2 or 3. I think.

AP

I though i had it higher then 1. I could have overlooked that aspect of it. I spent very little time on that effect so it is a given.