River

Started by Dune, February 02, 2016, 11:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Brilliant, Just brilliant.

bobbystahr

Absolutely Fab man...makes me long for a modern computer so I could do scenes this complex without having trees truncated, or the whole scene freezing up after 5 pops of any size....running into the same problems Bob had doing that sheep on the path scene he did near the end of his time here...still miss ya Bob...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

that is beautifully done!!

otakar

Fabulous! Running out of superlatives here :)

fleetwood

Draws the viewer in again and again, really a marvelous render. :D

j meyer

All available thumbs up. :)

Dune

Thanks you, guys! Not working from one basic set of drawn maps/masks, but having all procedurally from simple shapes makes it quite a complex set of masks, with lots of blue node multiply/add/subtract nodes. Here's a part at 100%. Still some mishaps, as you can see, like bushes in a field.

bobbystahr

Hey Ulco, have you ever tried the Stroke in the SS shade for doing borders like around the tower etc...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on March 05, 2016, 03:16:29 AM
... Still some mishaps, as you can see, like bushes in a field.

Those are natural random features  ;)
I am working on a scene that is 11 seconds since months.
Probably very few people will see whats going on and only if they replay it 3-4 times probably.
After a certain point you have to let it go, you know :)

TheBadger

last one on page 5 works for me! too
It has been eaten.

Dune

@ Andy and Richard; yes, to discourage misuse. Always a bit paranoid, though I like to show stuff and encourage other TG users, I can't often post large finished (commercial) images, at least not without any form of 'disfiguration'.
@ Bobby; yes, I think I've tried almost every node and combination, but the stroke is too hard for a moat. I do have a setup with 2 SSS and some subtraction, but the corners are always a bit too sharp. So in this case I have simply painted a simple grey mask in PS, set it at 0/0/0, and located/rotated that on 2 locations through 2 transform shaders.
This render will be blown up to 80cm wide and framed as a farewell gift for an archeaologist, so, though I started it as a private thing,  I didn't make it for nothing.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 06, 2016, 02:22:58 AM

@ Bobby; yes, I think I've tried almost every node and combination, but the stroke is too hard for a moat. I do have a setup with 2 SSS and some subtraction, but the corners are always a bit too sharp. So in this case I have simply painted a simple grey mask in PS, set it at 0/0/0, and located/rotated that on 2 locations through 2 transform shaders.
This render will be blown up to 80cm wide and framed as a farewell gift for an archeaologist, so, though I started it as a private thing,  I didn't make it for nothing.

Nice the way that worked out...but art is never for nothing though. Yeah I thought you may have...it's sharpness and undisplaceableness (izzat a word?)make it mostly not that useful. I like your more portable solution.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New