Mountain Side

Started by Gannaingh, February 03, 2016, 11:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

I agree on all counts  ;)

The good ol' two steps forward, one step back routine.

Tangled-Universe

In some regards may be a step back, but in others a step forward. Indeed.
I think with this new pov you can focus on all aspects of the scene, as everything is well visible.
After that you can tune your pov and atmosphere to give the correct sense of scale.

Gannaingh

Here is the experiment with further lowering the camera altitude even further in addition to adding some more mountains behind the main one. I like the result since it makes the background seem not quite as empty which also helps with the reflection in the water. The foreground tree distribution needs some work and all the work on the rock surfacing still needs to happen, but I think this is the POV I'll stick with moving forward.

bla bla 2

archonforest

The last POV is very good!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Very nice pov and forground.

inkydigit

great work... the last one is very nice!
maybe a hq tree (or 2) closer to camera?
:)

Gannaingh

Here's a close up of the steep mountain face. I've been working on adding more subtle texture to the rock in addition to some strata. The strata  is a bit more dominant than I want so I'll keep messing with it. Additionally, I've increased the number of background tree populations from three to eight to increase the variety and break down on repetitive shapes.

I like being able to see the detail in this larger crop, so I'll have to render the final version large to make sure it's noticeable.

AP

I like the strata as it is but even if a hint is there, it does make a difference. Looking forward to more updates.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Gannaingh

Thanks all. Here is a shot of the work I've been doing on the strata. It's not quite as noticeable as I'd like, but (I think) better than the crop render I previously posted. I'm also experimenting with the water, making the reflections blurrier and adding an appearance of glacial silt. I kind of like the color it adds to the image, but please let me know what you think.

AP

The blue-green looks nice as it stands.

bobbystahr

The strata works for me, more would be overdone to me and the water is very apropros to the scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist