Mountain Side

Started by Gannaingh, February 03, 2016, 11:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalguru

Really like this, great natural lighting

Jo Kariboo

Excellent and beautiful!!! I also like the color hue changes you have made to water.  :)

Gannaingh

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, but since I got a new rig, I just had to give it a workout by returning to one of my favorite, but RAM intensive, scenes that nearly melted my old computer. I've widened the FOV to a 16/9 landscape aspect ratio, modified the shorelines, added a couple new populations to cover some areas that were bare. I think I'm going to render it at full 4k just for kicks.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Gannaingh on October 28, 2019, 10:02:49 PMIt's been a long time since I've posted anything, but since I got a new rig, I just had to give it a workout by returning to one of my favorite, but RAM intensive, scenes that nearly melted my old computer. I've widened the FOV to a 16/9 landscape aspect ratio, modified the shorelines, added a couple new populations to cover some areas that were bare. I think I'm going to render it at full 4k just for kicks.
Wow, I'm guessing you're quite pleased already and encouraged to go BIG...It's a lovely realistic scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Congratulations on your new rig. It's a great scene and very natural/realistic. But before you go rendering it big, I would take a look at two things I noticed. The front pines are probably XFrog, and they have a corkscrew-like distribution of branches. Which is very visible. If these are the only ones you have, you could add a second pop (half distribution of both) and make the object size -1/1/1, and flip normals. So they are counter corkscrewed.
Secondly; I think the quite still water is too soft near the opposite banks. Some softness is nice, but this is really too blurred, IMO.

DocCharly65

Very realistic render and very beautiful! Like! :)

Gannaingh

Thanks!

Dune, thank you for the suggestions. I'll give them a try before rendering the final version.

mhaze

KyL

Great new look at this scene. Vegetation distribution and landslides are really well done. I agree with Dune on the Trees, I often recognize them because of this.
Really nice render!

Quote from: Dune on October 29, 2019, 03:01:24 AMmake the object size -1/1/1, and flip normals

Never thought of it!

Thanks for the tip

Ariel DK

Quote from: Gannaingh on October 28, 2019, 10:02:49 PMIt's been a long time since I've posted anything, but since I got a new rig, I just had to give it a workout by returning to one of my favorite...

My favorite too! ;D

imho, this new aspect radio makes look the foreground a little bit generic. if you gonna adjust the trees objects, i would take the opportunity to add some scattered flowers, big rocks, and some fallen trunks in the foreground, especially in the shoreline, you know, more natural variation. of course that you already have a beautiful image!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Hannes

A real beauty! I agree about the tree variety Ulco mentioned, but all in all already a superb image.

Gannaingh

I followed Dune's advice regarding the reducing the fuzziness of the water and in adding a population of 'inverse' trees to break up the repetitiveness. I might remove a few more instances and replace them with single tree instances to further break up the foreground trees since they are so prominent. Additionally, I've reduces the atmosphere haze and added a cloud layer which I think help make the scene pop more. Next I'll work on trying out Ariel DK's comments to see how they impact the scene.

Dune

That makes a lot of difference! An exquisite piece! Still I think the trees are not the best, but it's not very obvious anymore now.

DocCharly65

The new atmosphere with the cloud layer looks much friendlier! I like it even more now!

Hannes