Grass test

Started by yossam, February 07, 2016, 03:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

I am in uncharted territory so don't ask a lot of questions yet..................please. I need to read some documentation to better understand the ins and outs of this. Anyway............there are 2 rather large pics attached. These were rendered in Lightwave 2015. Fiber FX was used to create the grass, dog hair and the weed in the corner. One uses volume settings the other doesn't (look at the pic names). Let me know which you prefer and i'll see if maybe I can contribute to the grass giveaway without being locked up for violating a EULA.

masonspappy

I'm kinda partial to first image (although they're both good so strictly personal preference).

archonforest

This is freaking cool yossam!

I prefer 1st one. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

Both are nice as it is dependent on what type or look of grass anyone is after.

bobbystahr

If you can export volume effects I prefer the 2nd one but they're both awesome....just say y made em in blender, hee hee hee
actually I doubt there's a sharing problem from the number of better than average .lwo objects I find. Run through PoseRay they are some of the better ones I use.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Looks good, Richard. I'd go for 1, I think, but you probably can't export the volume extra, as that's LW. I would, though take care to lengthen the grasses (going underground) especially at the side of the square (or circle, which might be a better object base). In case of undulating ground, the sides will easily float, that's why. So perhaps grow them from a largely flattened half sphere.

TheBadger

real cool, yossam. Hope you do more!
It has been eaten.