Emergency Refuge Unit

Started by RedSquare, August 23, 2007, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSquare

Width 106 Meters

Height 104 Meters

This AGSV model 440 is the 105 of 150 automatic relay and emergency refuge units scattered around our galaxy.

The colour coded emergency pods have a maximum capacity of 50 individuals on 4 levels.  Currently paired, based on the main species enviroments.

However, any combination of pods upto the maximum of eight can be converted on demand to the required enviroment, giving a maximum 400 units plus if required a further 40 units housed in the main service column.

With in each pod, each of the 4 levels can be further independently sealed, thus giving a species support capability of 32 atmospheres plus one other in the service coloumn,

The star fields were produced employing Universe. 

This was a pig to convert to Terragen, please the gods this won't be necessary after the up coming new release, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for viewing and your C&C.

rcallicotte

Nice perspective.  The object looks like it was a lot to put together for TG2.  The planet needs a bit more surfacing to appear realistic.  The stars could use some more work by getting away from larger blobs of stars and having finer pinpoints, similar to what you see in Hubble photographs.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RedSquare

QuoteThe planet needs a bit more surfacing to appear realistic.  The stars could use some more work by getting away from larger blobs of stars and having finer pinpoints, similar to what you see in Hubble photographs.

Oh yes, totally agree, but I slung the star field and planets together very very quickly merely to give a background to the model.  It was really a proof for the model shaders.  I just thought I would post it up.  I've spent so much time learning Hexagon and Kerkythea I haven't touched TG2 for about 6 months, so long in fact, that I almost forgot how to use it.   I'm so far behind everyone else on here skill wise, I wasn't surprised at the crit's.  But then I don't have many skills anyway.   

rcallicotte

Nice modeling, then.  I understand about your self-concept regarding TG2.  But, there's a lot to learn in this program.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?