Wheat and Sweet Pea (Flowering) TGOs

Started by masonspappy, February 13, 2016, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 14, 2016, 06:08:47 AM
Sorry, Bobby, I just had to... your arch is very colorful; bright blue and red.

Heh heh, no problem Ulco...actually the arch has yellow and purple ones on it as well but they're on the back side...I may redo that as a test as I made the ivy waaaay too dense to show the sweet peas properly and also the leaves(where the blooms go)are way too large. Makes the flowers out sized by twice.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Here's a more realistic size wise render...Sweet Peas are a small but fragrent flower, least wise the ones my Mom grew
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

AP

A much better result.

bobbystahr

So yup, size is important.....as a heads up I used the leaf and petals from the sweet peas but I took them into photoshop and made the into .tif w alpha images so I only needed to load the one. I could .rar up the .tifs and post them here if anyone is interested. Just ask.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 15, 2016, 08:25:22 AM
So yup, size is important.....as a heads up I used the leaf and petals from the sweet peas but I took them into photoshop and made the into .tif w alpha images so I only needed to load the one. I could .rar up the .tifs and post them here if anyone is interested. Just ask.

Thanks for doing that!

mhaze

bobbystahr

I'll pack em up and post em here today
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

here y go..was a mix up on my part, here's the correct files...apologies
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Bobby, I decided I liked your rendition of the sweet peas better than mine. So I've downsized them and increased population density. I like this better.  Thanks!!!   :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on February 15, 2016, 08:24:00 PM
Bobby, I decided I liked your rendition of the sweet peas better than mine. So I've downsized them and increased population density. I like this better.  Thanks!!!   :)

Looks very good, I have the advantage of close up(around the front door)contact with them all my life till Mom passed on a decade ago, so had perhaps a better grip on the size....but nicely modelled on your part mason...nice job on the horse rescue.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That looks really good. Nice horse too. I only think you need to get the collar a texture (leatherlike), might as well be procedural.

fleetwood

Yet another -- a few adventurous sweet peas and fake stone testing -
  In my area pink sweet peas are sown on the freeway margins by the highway department with other wild flowers. I see them often on roadside slopes as small vines among the long grasses.