Call for Beta Testers: Terragen 3.4

Started by Matt, February 19, 2016, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

TheBadger

Hi, this is a real question and not me trying to be funny... Are we sopped to try and break this thing, or just use it normally?

So, normal pops, or real geo as moss on every inch of terrain kinda testing? What specifically would staff like us to use?
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Also, only two mac testers? The pressure is really intense now!

Ok this last bit is just the prerequisite goof humor I know you all expect.  ;) ;D
It has been eaten.

Matt

Quote from: TheBadger on February 21, 2016, 12:01:30 PM
Hi, this is a real question and not me trying to be funny... Are we sopped to try and break this thing, or just use it normally?

So, normal pops, or real geo as moss on every inch of terrain kinda testing? What specifically would staff like us to use?

Use it how you would normally use it, but try to test a wide variety of things. Mostly I want to get a random sampling of normal usage and see if the new version has any bugs that it didn't before. But stress tests could be useful too, and if they turn up any strange behaviour we'll try to figure out whether it's cause by a bug or just a limit of the hardware.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Upon Infinity

Near as I can remember this is the first real beta since 1.9.0.3.1.  And it's a limited beta.  Just curious, why is this version different?  Other than being the last likely version of Terragen 3, I mean.

bobbystahr

Well the PF crash has been fixed...woo hoo
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

archonforest

i got no link so far :(

Ehhh...never mind....just got it.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

OSX

(if you're still interested / running low on OSX testers that is!)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

j meyer

Dune

Yes, I thought so too. I also see some names that I haven't seen before...