A test with TG 3.4

Started by bobbystahr, February 24, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This scene was originally built in TG 2 entirely wit Simple Shape shaders for all Displacement and masking of objects and textures.
The original had this house but I hadn't yet figured out hope to separate the glass from the building and was using a Water shader so it was substandard. So out it went and a separated version was brought in and as it was a 'first load' in TG3.4BETA it correctly reads the ALPHA channels on the window blinds and mullions as shown by the orange-yellow light coming from inside the house. The glass works as expected reflecting spooky trees where it can. I may re render this but at 9:16:00 and the house disturbing me I think I'll call it an experiment to test a feature successful and done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Funny scene, it looks like a folly, a miniature house.

archonforest

The dept of the house is missing.
Otherwise cool...and scary a bit :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Original scene done in the first iteration of TG2 and was just finding houses. This wasn't one of the best finds but my point was testing alpha channel loading and all the windows in this had them so I reloaded it fresh in 3.4 and has a successful test from that (the actual) point of the render. Initially it was an experiment using SS shaders for building an actual street scene and from that aspect it was a good test even in the original TG2 version. I've expanded it a bit as a default testing scene but made it to support that house so it's scaled a bit small..and error..I should have built the scene to real world scale and scaled the building up as all objects(trees, grasses) are scaled down to 2 decimal places to fit.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on February 25, 2016, 04:46:04 AM
The dept of the house is missing.
Otherwise cool...and scary a bit :)

Not a very deep object man...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Another Silent Hill Pic - cool!  :)

Why don't you copy the same house mirrored or 180 degree rotated to make it deeper?
Or you can add only parts of it.

PabloMack

Quote from: Dune on February 25, 2016, 03:15:32 AM...it looks like a folly, a miniature house.

Yeah. Looks more like a mausoleum than a house. Also, the trees being bare, it is too obvious that they are the same tree replicated N times. The model is too distinctive for a populator unless you want that desired effect.

bobbystahr

Quote from: PabloMack on February 26, 2016, 03:13:36 PM
Quote from: Dune on February 25, 2016, 03:15:32 AM...it looks like a folly, a miniature house.

Yeah. Looks more like a mausoleum than a house. Also, the trees being bare, it is too obvious that they are the same tree replicated N times. The model is too distinctive for a populator unless you want that desired effect.

My impression as well...but a lovely Mercedes don't y think? hee hee hee. With the exception of the Merc it was a pure TG2 modeling with SS shaders project, had it labeled as Default and got curious. Have now saved only the modeled neighbourhood; awaiting an urban inspiration.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New