Default shader - how to stretch?

Started by N-drju, May 17, 2019, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

So I made a texture for an object by "Colour image" option of the default shader.

I would like to stretch it laterally, but can't find a good way to do it. I tried putting "Transform input shader" between an object part and the default shader. "World space" on and "world space" off, but to no avail. How can I change the "tiling" then?

[attachimg=1]
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

Use an Image Map Shader as the Colour Function and you get a lot more control.

- Oshyan

Dune

If the UV is right, then stretching the texture itself (Photoshop) is the best option. World space is no option for the blades, you could use that for the stems, if they are pure vertical.
Or use a pf with stretched Z (I believe), not world space.
Or use mine  ;)

N-drju

It doesn't work either way. Image shader, while an evident solution, causes even more problems, generating some wild, inexplicable texturing regardless of the plane employed.

Luckily, it can be done in XFrog, so I guess I'll stick to it.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Quote from: N-drju on May 18, 2019, 03:58:22 AM
It doesn't work either way. Image shader, while an evident solution, causes even more problems, generating some wild, inexplicable texturing regardless of the plane employed.

Luckily, it can be done in XFrog, so I guess I'll stick to it.

Did you try a transform on your image map? But yes, it's definitely best to do this with the object natively, especially the images. No reason for any of this if it's not proc.

N-drju

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 18, 2019, 11:16:09 AM
Did you try a transform on your image map?

Transform, oddly enough, didn't work. It must be what Ulco said. But I somehow thought this is the key for such issues.