VR Challenge: Getting Started

Started by Matt, March 03, 2016, 03:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Contest Rules

http://terragen4.com/terragen-vr-challenge/#rules

How to render 360-degree images for submission

If you have Terragen 3 Professional or Terragen 3 Professional with Animation, you can render with a spherical camera. This is the simplest way to render a 360-degree view.

1) Enable "spherical" on the camera node.

2) Usually you want to ensure that the camera's rotation is level with the horizon (set X and Z rotations to 0).

3) Set the image width to be 2x the image height. E.g. 2000 x 1000.

4) Render an image.

If you don't have a version that can render with a spherical camera, use the 360-degree cube setup here:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21257.msg212927.html#msg212927

How to submit your entries

Upload your renders here: http://terragen4.com/vr-challenge-submission/
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Came here with the link from the contest page looking for the rendering clip files the link was supposed to reveal....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Matt

Hi Bobby, I'll upload that later today.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Mohawk20

I tried to submit my first scene with 3 locations last night. After clicking the 'submit your entry' button the circular arrow began turning, bu it took a while so I left the pc on and went to bed. This morning they are still turning happily and nothing is changed.
Is there a glitch?
Howgh!

yossam

Is there a limit on file size for the uploaded image(s)?  ???

TheBadger

I had a question about the closing date. No complaint really, just curious about the short dead line.
Also, about what happens after? I mean, what will be done with the renders, and why animation was not part of it, or if animation was something that the winner would be asked to do after the contest.

I understand rendering out animation is time consuming, so it would make sense to do it after the contest.

also curious about360 video with TG as far as PS goes, what plans might be down the road. I just guess that PS really has a focus on VR based on the amount of value in the prizes.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

It should redirect you to a Thank You For Your Submission page after the upload finishes. There is a 100MB file size (total) limit. That should be indicated on the submission page.

Badger, you've got a lot of great questions, but are really thinking ahead of the game. Focus on the now... for now. ;) The short deadline is because we want to have cool content ready by the time the headsets launch! :)

- Oshyan

Mohawk20

Quote from: Oshyan on March 14, 2016, 01:22:18 AM
It should redirect you to a Thank You For Your Submission page after the upload finishes.

Yes, I reloaded the page and filled it in again and it worked quite fast.
First scene with 3 viewpoints submitted, on to the next!
Howgh!

Dune

So there will be no 'public viewing' of entries, unless one chooses to post somewhere?

Oshyan

Correct, not until the winners are chosen.

- Oshyan

Dune

Mohawk20

So all my other entries remain secret, so as not to give anyone any clever ideas...  :-X
Howgh!

ADE

looks like it mohawk.....im on one now, and only this morning I seen this comp!!!!