bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Dune

I like this very much, the light is wonderful. But, critical as I am, I do have 2 remarks; the left ship/boat has no people on board as far as I can tell, and I would make the dead trees on the right a bit more varied, with more species, and perhaps a shrub or two with some leaves left. I love the grubby medieval-like city background though, fantastic. Is that an object (or a score of objects)?

cyphyr

Quote from: Dune on March 07, 2016, 02:36:55 AM
I like this very much, the light is wonderful. But, critical as I am, I do have 2 remarks; the left ship/boat has no people on board as far as I can tell, and I would make the dead trees on the right a bit more varied, with more species, and perhaps a shrub or two with some leaves left. I love the grubby medieval-like city background though, fantastic. Is that an object (or a score of objects)?
Yes I agree on both points.  8)
I used to have poser but I always hated the output so stopped using it. There is Daz studio as well but never got to grips with it. I do need to create some kind of human element, it's something you have in your images that really brings them alive. Yes to the trees as well, I was being laze (don't tell !).
The city is  made up of 4 object populations with slight variation in scale (0.9, 1.1) I can get away with it since it's back lit and mostly obscured by haze and fog. I also wish I could find a decent way of adding smoke columns, nothing I have tried has come near to workable as yet.
Cheers
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mhaze

A masked localised cloud which you can warp with distribution shaders and redirect shaders.