Mohawk's 360 scenes

Started by Mohawk20, March 07, 2016, 09:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Mohawk20 on April 03, 2016, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: Dune on April 03, 2016, 02:57:12 AM
For further distances you could gradually go into procedural grass.

The procedural grass, is that the Internal Gras Clup population? Or am I missing a shader that works like the fake stones?

If you have the full version there should be a .tgc called procedural grass in your clip library as it's in the download offered.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Mohawk20

You know what, I actually never used the library, nor did I use clip files. I'm just now during this contest seeing the need to have clip files on hand, so I'm saving clip files of everything I'm reasonably proud of, like the Rockface of that Canyon. I'll check the grass clip file out...
Howgh!

Dune

No, not the internal grass. It's quite simple basically; just one or two fake stones in line with very high setting 8-12 for height, none for the bulging (zero), and a small size; 0.005 or so, coverage 2, then some mix of colors, but no further displacement. You could add a reflective shader or a Lambert shader for some shiny grass or translucency. Anyway; there are clipfiles around also.
But beware; it only gives nice results on a bit of a distance and with quite high detail settings, so good for distant hills.

Mohawk20

In the extra time I found another old scene to render:
[attach=1]

It had only the Case Colours node, and 2 trees.
So I added a few surface layers, about 10 populations and the surf.
I had to brighten the sun 3.5 to 5, to get the rest of the foliage visible.
This is the result:
[attach=2]

Now I'm trying to render another POV from in-between the foliage, to see if it's not too dark. If not I'll submit the 2 POV's, otherwise only the one.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

Would this add anything?
Howgh!

Jo Kariboo

I very like the light and moods. I believe that having a "catch eyes" in your final composition would add much. Perhaps a cleared ground level with more light.

Mohawk20

Quote from: Dune on April 12, 2016, 03:00:13 AM
Deadline is past, so no more secrecy from my part anymore...

As Ulco said in his own thread, time to show what I've been working on.

The first scene I submitted was the one with the bridge that has the glass floor. Images are in the first post of this thread.
The second submission was a scene with a cave.
I made this originally long ago, before the painted shader exiated. I put 2 planets on top of each other and the large displacements greater a cavern. I gave the top planet a luminescent surface like fluorescent lichen. It was during this contest, looking for nice POV's that I discovered the caves actually have an entrance...

I spent most of the time on refining the bright voronoi shape lichen, that originally was only a lightsource, which was ugly in 360.
These are the 5 POV's:
[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3]
Howgh!

Mohawk20

The other 2 pov's:
[attach=1][attach=2]
Howgh!

Mohawk20

The third submission was a scene I made for the hanging Valley contest long ago. I resubmitted it after the first deadline with added grass objects.

I had made the Hut and bridge myself in 3dsMax. Here is the resubmission:
Howgh!

Mohawk20

And the other two pov's:
[attach=1][attach=2]
Howgh!

Mohawk20

My 4th submission was the copper Canyon, with the Rockface I'm really proud of. There is some misty clouds that would look great in 3d.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

The 5th submission was the Tropical Sunrise based on a poster I made several years ago.
[attach=1][attach=2]
Howgh!

Mohawk20

My 6th submission was a request from my wife, a scene I originally made in TG 0.9, and had remade in TG2. I had put a lot of effort in the surface shaders, which gave some great results in realism.
[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3][attach=4]
Howgh!

Mohawk20

And finally I spent the last day changing my scene of the mine tunnel, so it actually had more than empty space behind the camera. Besides the flora, all objects are internal displaceable objects.
There is only one view in this 7th submission, but there was no more time.
[attach=1]

I really hope one of these submissions gets me 10th place...
Howgh!

bobbystahr

And I think I was busy with iirc 3 entries...can't stand the word submit as art applies, it never submits.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist