Mohawk's 360 scenes

Started by Mohawk20, March 07, 2016, 09:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

Busy is an understatement!
Bobby you are right too...
Great stuff here... All looks great, the hard work was well worth it:)
J

Mohawk20

Quote from: inkydigit on April 12, 2016, 11:25:48 AM
Busy is an understatement!
Bobby you are right too...
Great stuff here... All looks great, the hard work was well worth it:)
J

As is yours! All of the entries are great stuff. I really like this contest, and what it made us accomplish.
Howgh!

Hannes

Quote from: Mohawk20 on April 13, 2016, 03:19:38 AM
I really like this contest, and what it made us accomplish.

Indeed!!

otakar

I really like Spire Island, but am amazed how much you were able to put out. Stay engaged now :)

Mohawk20

Quote from: otakar on April 13, 2016, 02:11:28 PM
I really like Spire Island, but am amazed how much you were able to put out.

Well, I had all these old projects and this contest made me realize that if I create a scene, I make more than is needed for one POV. I like to make it a big as possible and go exploring. And TG itself makes it easy because surface shaders are global. So all I need to do is just add or extend a population here and there, paint a line of a path, or in some places place another height field behind the original camera.

The cave scene had even more cave than I realized. So when I found an exit,  I was surprised, but then I had to cheat to fake an atmosphere. The scales of the planets was so big that I had deactivated the atmospheres, because double atmospheres make crazy render times. So I made the background object sky blue, an placed a light like a sunlight near the entrance... Had to tweak that quite a bit.

So for most scenes I submitted, I only had to place camera's along an exploring path, as I would do when first exploring a new place where I go in real life. And then tweak stuff a little if it didn't look good enough.
Howgh!