Hannes - My home is my castle - WIP

Started by Hannes, March 09, 2016, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

OK, is this the right place for WIPs?
About two weeks ago I was just about to post an image, when I accidentally read about the VR challenge. I had created an interior scene with the well known Sponza Atrium model and a beautiful leather sofa from "Cadnav.com" and some more models from there.
So then I decided to give it a go. I don't know yet if this scene will work in a VR environment, but there's nothing to lose. In the meantime I added loads of models, so that there is some stuff everywhere the camera points to.
I had to rework the texturing of almost every model. Sometimes completely, so it was a lot of work so far, but I love it. I'd love to live in a place like this!

Here are three views of this scene. Still some work to do, and then I'll have to find some nice places to put the camera(s).

yossam

Hannes

Thanks Yossam!
Funny, I got some sort of caustics as well. Wasn't intended, but since I had to use a very high transparency value for the beer I got it for free!
Actually it's probably the light bouncing off the beer mesh (?)

Beer is magic!!!

Oshyan

That's a GISD effect, I believe. Unintentional but cool.

Nice scene!

- Oshyan

inkydigit

Can't beat magic beer Hannes!
Great stuff btw!
:)

Dune

Mysterious and interesting scene, Hannes. Funny too. Good luck.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

AP

I like what i see. A dark yet warm atmosphere and theme.

Hannes

Thanks guys!
Did a low quality pano test and used the FSP viewer Chris suggested. Works like a charm. In the meantime I added some more objects.

yossam

Like what you have done with the place.................always seemed too empty before.  ;)

inkydigit

8)
nicely decorated indeed!... great lighting too btw! :)

Hannes

Thanks again. Just finished a test in 4K resolution with Detail 0.8 and AA 9. Stilll not enough. Looks nice, but for a real crisp image it's gotta be at least 8K I guess.
I know, we don't need to do this for this challenge, but I really want to know, how it looks.

Btw, is there any place yet for the entries?

Oshyan

Hannes