Hannes - My home is my castle - WIP

Started by Hannes, March 09, 2016, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on March 18, 2016, 06:39:43 PM
Just submitted my entry, before I start thinking about adding even more objects (actually there are 84 objects in the scene).
One scene, two views.

congrats, I've yet to decide which scene to sacrifice my computer to the render of. Thinking of trying 4K which will be an adventure for sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

The final looks nice Hannes.
Tried with FSPviewer to get the feeling.

Matt

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 18, 2016, 07:14:09 PM
Quote from: Hannes on March 18, 2016, 06:39:43 PM
Just submitted my entry, before I start thinking about adding even more objects (actually there are 84 objects in the scene).
One scene, two views.

congrats, I've yet to decide which scene to sacrifice my computer to the render of. Thinking of trying 4K which will be an adventure for sure.

You only need to submit 2k renders for the challenge. Maybe you can render both scenes?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

As I wrote here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21314.msg213808.html#msg213808
I bought a quite cheap Oculus Rift alternative. I used the Google Photo Sphere app to see my own images in VR. Although my cellphone's display is quite low res, it's quite an experience to see how the pano looks like when you're "really" in there.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on March 18, 2016, 08:12:34 PM

You only need to submit 2k renders for the challenge. Maybe you can render both scenes?

Matt

Well that settles my mind some what...I mad do a couple of views as well...will do a 4K one to show friends on the viewer though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

inkydigit

i could live here Hannes...
super detail!
:)
J

Hannes

Jo Kariboo

I look forward to see more of this work. Beautiful light effect in the room!

HecubaAssassin

Very nice lighting, I always admire those who can do interiors in Terragen.  When I load things the textures generally load strange, lose their settings and come out incredibly dark.  What is the trick to this?  I use other software (DAZ3d, Hexagon, Blender) for interiors and everything loads smoothly... but never terragen.

To go through all the setting for each object again?  Or is there a better way to load .OBJs that I am not aware of.  Usually I just allow x-frog settings... lighten things up.

Hannes

Thank you!
Actually the secret is to rework each and every shader. Honestly, there is not a single object in the scene I could just import and use without changing anything.
First of all a lot of time the default colour is set to grey when you import a model. That's probably why most of the shader appear too dark before editing.

I use to import new models into the default scene and adjust each shader until it looks OK to me. Then I save it again for later use.
For an interior scene I try to imitate what would happen in the real world. If there's a room with windows without artificial lightsources, I increase the environment light's "strength on surfaces" value until it looks good. I never use additional lightsources to make a scene brighter unless there are real additional lightsources like lamps or fires.

bobbystahr

Quote from: HecubaAssassin on March 29, 2016, 02:47:33 AM
Very nice lighting, I always admire those who can do interiors in Terragen.  When I load things the textures generally load strange, lose their settings and come out incredibly dark.  What is the trick to this?  I use other software (DAZ3d, Hexagon, Blender) for interiors and everything loads smoothly... but never terragen.

To go through all the setting for each object again?  Or is there a better way to load .OBJs that I am not aware of.  Usually I just allow x-frog settings... lighten things up.

Do you run your models through PoseRay a free app a lot of us use. It sorts out .obj's and many other file types to an  .obj that Terragen gets along with nicely.
https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Sorry to bump, but I just have too. This is one of the best interior environments I've seen in Terragen, it incorporates so many elements, and some new feats users have accomplished as well. Love it!

Hannes

DocCharly65

Great stuff, Hannes :)
Is there the chance for a "HQ" version? Or did I just not see a link?  I'd love to see more details :)

Hannes

Actually I rendered an 8K version, but I had to adjust some more things afterwards, so here are both interior shots in 4K.