RoundTrip

Started by Dune, March 12, 2016, 05:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Nice ones. I like the first image the most too.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

The artist who terrifies me with his talent though is Richard(the massive scene)Frazer...his stuff is scary good. I'd like to see his vortex cloud animation scene as a VR walkabout myself.
I'm personally grateful for this comp as it's the first where I've had the full program and am learning by leaps and bounds these days.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Thanks guys. The grass is a mix of 2 grasses, one built in ZBrush (you all have it, as it's on NWDA for sharing), the other is the grass clump. I deliberately didn't use any ST stuff ( :(), but only XFrog. The grass clump takes the colors (grass colors and flower dots) from the terrain through a transform shader into the default color tab (set at 1.5 or 2), something I've explained earlier. Works quite well for non-close-up.
Good that the deadline is extended; I wasn't very satisfied about the ruined building and ivy, so I can rebuild that. And the rocks along the path can be better.

Dune

I'll post a POV per day from now on from each of my 2 other entries; 7 still to come...

Hannes

Great, Ulco! The sand is perfect. The whole scene makes me thirsty!

Dune

Just take the elevator down, or...

masonspappy

Jo Kariboo

Very nice achievement and good POV, light and sand are a real photo realistic ... the shadow of the invisible man?  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 05, 2016, 02:43:18 AM
Just take the elevator down, or...

Heh heh, y gotta break the law of gravity, crack a smile and laff a while......
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

The invisible man is a bit of a joke, this series is full of little jokes. Actually I would have liked the viewer to see himself down his body if looking down, but that can't be done; if you turn around you look yourself into the eyes (what a shock).

masonspappy

Almost afraid to ask, but what is that reddish/purple stuff on the metal casing directly under the (what appears to be) elevator?

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

That's some sort of wiring or important pipes.

Nr.2