RoundTrip

Started by Dune, March 12, 2016, 05:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

A little teaser of my entry. I still have to change some settings, but already encountered this GISD problem again; the grid in this tank. If anyone knows of another way to rid of this, please tell me. I really don't want to not use GISD.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on March 12, 2016, 05:39:43 AM
I really don't want to not use GISD.

That's so true! GISD has still some bad side effects. Also in combination with DOF.

Ulco, what about increasing the detail of your object in another app?. The problem won't go away most likely, but maybe it's less prominent?

Hannes

Dune

I already doubled the polycount, and actually you won't get this close to the tanks, but I could try and see what happens. I can always do a very local no-GISD crop render and paste in PS.

It is really cool... just wait  ;D

inkydigit

Weird glitch effect on the mesh... Super pano vista!
:)

Kadri

Nice scene.
Does using a different render method just in that object node itself look bad Ulco?

Oshyan

I seem to recall such GISD object rendering issues are a problem with the object itself, lacking normals perhaps, not being smooth shaded? Are you wanting it to be smooth shaded?

- Oshyan

Dune

Yes, it should be smooth. I'll check the object again. Thanks.

Dune

One of the views.... will be posted soon.

Dune

I was trying to get a decent view, but I don't know if I will enter these. Not satisfied. Perhaps I can conjure up something else yet. But I didn't want to dump them without posting.

Dune

Some more tests. The problem with this setup is that I want to show some height (vertigo effect), but also keep the view over the river down there and the path, which is hard. I'll think of something else.

Dune

This was the first of this series, but the veggies hide everything, which I don't like.

AP

Tough choices. Hopefully something works out well.

bobbystahr

ver 2_2 gets my vote...great scene Ulco. Upon reviewing those 3 v2_2 with v2_4's water
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Nice views Ulco.

"The problem with this setup is that I want to show some height (vertigo effect),
but also keep the view over the river down there and the path, which is hard."

It is interesting when you begin to think in a different way for this VR approach.
A standard image looks kind of easy after trying to make the image work for 360 degree. Up and down included.
I have the same problem right now. Wish we had-should have at least 1 month more for this challenge.